Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Devil13n
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 Front facing camera issues

Hi, I see a considerable downgrade on the S5 front camera. Colors seems to be washed out (purple looks black, red loses its tone), if the camera is kept close to the face, face looks elongated and somewhat alien like. Any recommendations/Advise? Did any one else observed this?
    Note- Upgraded from an S3, where i did not face such issues.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: S5 Front facing camera issues

Quote Originally Posted by Aniket Kasliwal View Post
    Hi, I see a considerable downgrade on the S5 front camera. Colors seems to be washed out (purple looks black, red loses its tone), if the camera is kept close to the face, face looks elongated and somewhat alien like. Any recommendations/Advise? Did any one else observed this?
    Well, it looks the problem is within the hardware can exactly tell but it looks the problem seems to be in the camera why don't you try replacing your camera ? :O

I just got the s5 and noticed the same thing about the front facing camera. What have you done about it?

Global Posts
    7,017 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Yea, the front facing camera on my GS4 was a lot better.
    I haven't done anything since I hardly use that camera anyway.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Just noticed blackout through lens. Verizon just said there were many front facing issues and is overnighting me a new one. Attachment 129822S5 Front facing camera issues-unnamed1-1-.jpg

I had the same issue. Something was blocking the top of the lens. T-Mobile ovenighted me a new one.

Guess it's more common than I thought.
    tdb94tim likes this.

My wife had the same thing. Must be a thing....

Posted via Android Central App

had the exact same front camera issue which caused the black half moon in front facing pics at the top, just started after I updated to 4.4.4, don't know if that's the issue or something came loose but its bad. I can see the exact same thing in my lens. called 611 Verizon today and they are sending me a new phone shortly.

me too same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Aniket Kasliwal View Post
    I too have noticed the terrible front facing camera downgrade. So much so that I actually went back to T Mobile today after having it for a few months and have decided to change phones. I also had a galaxy s3 and I didn't have the same problems with the front facing camera the quality was a lot better. I use the front facing camera lot so the quality of the pictures really irritated me I didn't see why I was paying so much for an upgrade when it was actually more of a downgrade.