S5 Front facing camera issues

Aniket Kasliwal

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I see a considerable downgrade on the S5 front camera. Colors seems to be washed out (purple looks black, red loses its tone), if the camera is kept close to the face, face looks elongated and somewhat alien like. Any recommendations/Advise? Did any one else observed this?
Note- Upgraded from an S3, where i did not face such issues.

Last edited:

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I see a considerable downgrade on the S5 front camera. Colors seems to be washed out (purple looks black, red loses its tone), if the camera is kept close to the face, face looks elongated and somewhat alien like. Any recommendations/Advise? Did any one else observed this?

Well, it looks the problem is within the hardware can exactly tell but it looks the problem seems to be in the camera why don't you try replacing your camera ? :O

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea, the front facing camera on my GS4 was a lot better.
I haven't done anything since I hardly use that camera anyway.

Sent From Another Galaxy

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. Something was blocking the top of the lens. T-Mobile ovenighted me a new one.

Guess it's more common than I thought.

tdb94tim

May 16, 2011
Visit site
had the exact same front camera issue which caused the black half moon in front facing pics at the top, just started after I updated to 4.4.4, don't know if that's the issue or something came loose but its bad. I can see the exact same thing in my lens. called 611 Verizon today and they are sending me a new phone shortly.

amydoll01

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

I too have noticed the terrible front facing camera downgrade. So much so that I actually went back to T Mobile today after having it for a few months and have decided to change phones. I also had a galaxy s3 and I didn't have the same problems with the front facing camera the quality was a lot better. I use the front facing camera lot so the quality of the pictures really irritated me I didn't see why I was paying so much for an upgrade when it was actually more of a downgrade.

ledzepplen98

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I also have the same problem right now and i was wondering if Verizon charged you for the new one you received. I don't have insurance for mine so i don't know if that plays a factor in me receiving a new one expense free.

blackberry86

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem but fixed it by changing the screen protector also cleaning the lense to be spotless will help.

Posted via the Android Central App