Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ab304945
  • 1 Post By 1Coopgt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Galaxy S5 System Update Error (Modified In Unauthorized Way)

i recently just got the Galaxy S5 & i updated my phone today & when i went to the system update , it said "the operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. try downloading software updates using Samsung Kies on your PC, or visit a customer service center." i went on Google & it said that this happens to rooted devices. i just got this phone, what do i do?

Default Re: Sprint Galaxy S5 System Update Error (Modified In Unauthorized Way)

Did you change ur phone to art instead a davlik
    atg284 likes this.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7

I have a phone that is experiencing the same issue. Have you been able to find a solution?

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

What do you mean by "i updated my phone today" . How or what did you do to update your phone ? Our phones (s5) are on the latest version of Kit Kat . There is no update and probably won't be one until late summer or fall ..

Quote Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
    What do you mean by "i updated my phone today" . How or what did you do to update your phone ? Our phones (s5) are on the latest version of Kit Kat . There is no update and probably won't be one until late summer or fall ..
    My S5 had a system update when I turned it on the first time (I got it delivered from Amazon on 5/16), Sprint released an update shortly after it came out I believe. Mine installed fine though. The OP may need to take it to a Sprint store or wherever they bought it for a replacement.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

Ah ok I'm going to slowly back out of this thread now . LOL
    Jon Jackson likes this.