Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 6 Post By ab304945
  • 1 Post By eyecon82
  • 2 Post By ab304945
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A trick for the fingerprint scanner.

A trick to get up to 10 fingers registered with the fingerprint scanner. And maybe 2 toes lol.

When you register a fingerprint, you atee suppose to swipe the finger 8 times. Instead of doing that. Swipe 1 finger twice, than swipe a different finger twice, keep doing that with 2 more fingers.

Do the same with fingerprint number 2 and 3 until you have all your fingers swiped.

You can now unlock your phone with any finger. The way I did it was with fingerprint one. I did both index and middle fingers. And fingerprint number 2 I did with one thumb in multiple directions. And the 3rd was my other thumb. Makes it easier to unlock with one hand.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: A trick for the fingerprint scanner.

I'll have to try this thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Yep I knew about this since I heard this trick for the iPhone 5S. So I went and tried it and it work. Scanner 1 I used my right thumb and right index. Scanner 2 I used my left thumb and left index. Scanner 3 I used as a one handed use so as I'm holding my device one-handed both left and right thumb hehe. Did this when I first got it.
    Android4life

Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts

Fantastic. Just did this and it worked great. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    A trick to get up to 10 fingers registered with the fingerprint scanner. And maybe 2 toes lol.

When you register a fingerprint, you atee suppose to swipe the finger 8 times. Instead of doing that. Swipe 1 finger twice, than swipe a different finger twice, keep doing that with 2 more fingers.

Do the same with fingerprint number 2 and 3 until you have all your fingers swiped.

You can now unlock your phone with any finger. The way I did it was with fingerprint one. I did both index and middle fingers. And fingerprint number 2 I did with one thumb in multiple directions. And the 3rd was my other thumb. Makes it easier to unlock with one hand.

does this mess with the ability to recognize each of the fingerprints since there aren't enough scans of each finger?

I don't have my S5 yet. Just ordered it today. Can different people scan their finger prints? IOW, could my husband also have the ability to unlock my phone? If all finger prints are different and you can scan more than one finger, can the multiple fingers be from different people?

Quote Originally Posted by monicakm View Post
    I don't have my S5 yet. Just ordered it today. Can different people scan their finger prints? IOW, could my husband also have the ability to unlock my phone? If all finger prints are different and you can scan more than one finger, can the multiple fingers be from different people?
    Yep. That's certainly possible

-Sent from Tapatalk
    monicakm likes this.

Cool! Thanks

Nice Trick. Mind Freak.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    does this mess with the ability to recognize each of the fingerprints since there aren't enough scans of each finger?
    Do far I haven't had any portions with it this way

Android4life

Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    Do far I haven't had any portions with it this way

Voice to text? :-P

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by fofjjsr View Post
    Voice to text? :-P

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5
    Swype. Should of proof read it first. Lol

fofjjsr and debdroid1a like this.

Works great for me

-Sent from Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    I was wondering about that too. Granted that it may mostly work, what if you have an off-center swipe, or a cut on your finger--things that might improve with more scans? Would this degrade the efficacy of the scanning process? There must be some reason that they want that many scans.

If the fingerprint scanner doesn't work reliably for you , try using the same finger for all three finger entries. That increases probability of a match.