Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best way to protect the camera lens?

Hi All

Do you think it would be okay to cut off a small square of a screen protector and put it over the camera? or would it cause images to be bad quality? I'm worried the lens will get scratched over time without something on it

Default Re: Best way to protect the camera lens?

Some of the more popular phones can get a little glass sheet that fits over the camera shield. Something that will scratch or chip instead of the permanent glass under it. See also HTC M8 camera shield spontaneously cracking.

Quote Originally Posted by tomothy94 View Post
    Hi All

Do you think it would be okay to cut off a small square of a screen protector and put it over the camera? or would it cause images to be bad quality? I'm worried the lens will get scratched over time without something on it
    it's funny because im on my 3rd device...and the first 2 didn't have a lens protector on the camera and this third one does...im just going to leave it on

anyways, im sure you can stop by one of those zagg kiosks in the mall...bring a single-hole puncher with you....ask them for a scrap for a few bucks on the side, punch a whole in it and apply it yourself or have them do it

i wouldnt put one on the entire thing or it can ruin your photo quality

This is why I like my little bit thicker cover. It extends just a tad beyond the lens. So when I lie it down, my lens doesn't touch the surface.

Just an fyi, It's an Incipio Pro.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.1 Lollipop

I use a Spigen Slim Armor TPU type case. It extends far enough so that if I lay it down on the screen nothing will touch the surface.
    Current Device: Nexus 6 & Nexus Player

Current Carrier: Sprint

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    I use a Spigen Slim Armor TPU type case. It extends far enough so that if I lay it down on the screen nothing will touch the surface.

thanks everyone, i might cut a little square out and punch a hole in that square so it covers the glass but not the lens itself. Is the glass gorilla glass?

I also havea bumper case which allows me to lay the phone on its front without the screen touching the surface(and ai also havea glass screen protector too) but I like to be able to see the notifications haha

Quote Originally Posted by tomothy94 View Post
    thanks everyone, i might cut a little square out and punch a hole in that square so it covers the glass but not the lens itself. Is the glass gorilla glass?

I also havea bumper case which allows me to lay the phone on its front without the screen touching the surface(and ai also havea glass screen protector too) but I like to be able to see the notifications haha
    No its not gorilla glass

-Sent from Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

The S-Folio Cover from Samsung has a flip cover with a transparent window cut to cover and protect the camera lens when folded back to operate the screen. One can also get a cloth jewelry cover to place on the device when the cover is positioned to protect the screen and camera lens and hold the cover on the screen.