US phones work in UK?

Pete1720

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Just after a little help. I have found a galaxy s5 online. I'm pretty sure it's from the US but I'm not sure if it will work in the UK?

Posted via Android Central App

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Just after a little help. I have found a galaxy s5 online. I'm pretty sure it's from the US but I'm not sure if it will work in the UK?

It functionality will depend on if it carrier locked or factory unlocked and LTE version and if it has a region lock and a sim card.

The locks can all be gotten around but you may end up with a phone inferior for UK usage and there are better ways of obtaining a factory unlocked version with a full guarantee for the sake of a few $'s IMO assuming you can get around import duties

Pete1720

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
It functionality will depend on if it carrier locked or factory unlocked and LTE version and if it has a region lock and a sim card.

The locks can all be gotten around but you may end up with a phone inferior for UK usage and there are better ways of obtaining a factory unlocked version with a full guarantee for the sake of a few $'s IMO assuming you can get around import duties

Ok thanks. I might just save up and get one here. Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12