Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default US phones work in UK?

Hi! Just after a little help. I have found a galaxy s5 online. I'm pretty sure it's from the US but I'm not sure if it will work in the UK?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Default Re: US phones work in UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete1720 View Post
    Hi! Just after a little help. I have found a galaxy s5 online. I'm pretty sure it's from the US but I'm not sure if it will work in the UK?

It functionality will depend on if it carrier locked or factory unlocked and LTE version and if it has a region lock and a sim card.

The locks can all be gotten around but you may end up with a phone inferior for UK usage and there are better ways of obtaining a factory unlocked version with a full guarantee for the sake of a few $'s IMO assuming you can get around import duties
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: US phones work in UK?

Quote Originally Posted by sjaduae View Post
    It functionality will depend on if it carrier locked or factory unlocked and LTE version and if it has a region lock and a sim card.

The locks can all be gotten around but you may end up with a phone inferior for UK usage and there are better ways of obtaining a factory unlocked version with a full guarantee for the sake of a few $'s IMO assuming you can get around import duties
    Ok thanks. I might just save up and get one here. Thanks again