New S5 user

dgrobe2112

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
i am coming from HTC phones.. most recent was the htc one. i have been on their phones for some time.. got tired of the Sense overlay..

i just got this phone, and done some searching.. to get it how i like it.. there are issues maybe you samsung gurus can help with.

i use nova launcher but..
i lose the "ok google" option. can this be fixed in a setting?
i also lose the s voice, voice command. i turned off the double click home button.

Touchwiz is not very pretty.. meaning..
the folders, are very ugly
icons on the screen are very big, can i make them smaller
i want to put the app drawer button in the middle. can i modify this?
the actual app drawer scrolls left to right, i would like it to be up and down, also.. not transparent i want a solid black app drawer
can i change the grid settings in the app drawer. ther is only 4 icons colums, and 5 rows, i would like 5x5, or 5x6.

thanks for all your help..

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
IIRC your issues can be solved with Nova Prime. I have my icons down to 70% and 5x5 grid.

If you want to change the icons too, I love Nox & Stark icon packs

As for "Ok Google" there's no fix for it.

dgrobe2112

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
thanks. im assuming nova prime is nova launcher. when i use nova launcher, everything is fine, except for the s voice, and ok google.. no other issues there..

allipki

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I found ok Google fix, if you click Google from front screen, it takes you to next screen, on the bottom right corner go to settings, under voice it has "ok Google" hot word detection,
go there and turn it on.