Speaker quality after phone gets wet.

ogdlow

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody else noticed that the speaker on the phone get very distortioed after it gets wet and takes hours before it sounds clear?

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmmm...the speaker is getting wet, dose this actually surprise you?
I would think the important part of your comment would be the speaker is fine after it dries out!

Cheers

Rolf Nufable

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Does it really come back to normal?? by how many hours? Im a little worried cuz its my first time to experience this with my phone and it really really does bother me

Pkm025

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Same goes with my driod turbo. My speaker phone went weak when it got wet. Is there a way to restore the quality of the speaker?

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I also find that after I shower and use a towel to dry myself off, the drying effectiveness is reduced as the towel gets wet. Oddly enough, once it dries out it works like it should. Weird...

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I also find that after I shower and use a towel to dry myself off, the drying effectiveness is reduced as the towel gets wet. Oddly enough, once it dries out it works like it should. Weird...

Blimey! You've got a good memory can3gxw. Your annual shower isn't due for another month! :D

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

Hahaha hahaha, awesome.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
What should i do to dry my speaker? Its been two day since that incedent happens. How many days i have to wait for it to dry? Thanks

Usually its about 3++ hours+-. Strange if its been a few days. Maybe your speaker got permenantly damaged.

Posted with ❤Love❤

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Last night i put my phone in a uncook rice. And the next morning not a damn thing change.

To properly dry it out, DO NOT switch the phone on, (this can cause short circuiting and fry your phone), immediately remove the back cover and battery and place everything in a stocking/tights/pantyhose, and place in a tub of uncooked rice and then place that somewhere warm, like an airing cupboard, for between 72 and 96 hours. Better still, if you have any packets of silica gel that sometimes come with electronic products, surround the disassembled phone with these for a similar period. DO NOT use a hairdryer on the phone as this can damage the phone and drive liquid further into it. Get your phone professionally cleaned afterwards to prevent future corrosion of the delicate parts and connections.

pachangibiri1

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I have a LG Marquee phone, and I was working on my car and got it wet with some gasoline, now my speaker is all messed up. does anyone know what's going on with my phone? will the speaker go back to normal?? I heard if you get it wet with water, the speaker gets muffled, but supposely it goes back to normal when fully dry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21