Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By jokout1
  • 1 Post By Tech-Newb
  • 2 Post By can3gxw
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Speaker quality after phone gets wet.

Has anybody else noticed that the speaker on the phone get very distortioed after it gets wet and takes hours before it sounds clear?

Carrier
    2.2.1 froyo EB16, Voodoo

Default Re: Speaker quality after phone gets wet.

Hmmmmm...the speaker is getting wet, dose this actually surprise you?
    I would think the important part of your comment would be the speaker is fine after it dries out!

Cheers
    gmurphy0487 and Feldon like this.

Does it really come back to normal?? by how many hours? Im a little worried cuz its my first time to experience this with my phone and it really really does bother me

I never noticed it when I washed it.

Pro Z2

Same goes with my driod turbo. My speaker phone went weak when it got wet. Is there a way to restore the quality of the speaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Pkm025 View Post
    Same goes with my driod turbo. My speaker phone went weak when it got wet. Is there a way to restore the quality of the speaker?
    Dry your speaker until it is completely dry.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    can3gxw likes this.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts

I also find that after I shower and use a towel to dry myself off, the drying effectiveness is reduced as the towel gets wet. Oddly enough, once it dries out it works like it should. Weird...
    ironass and younggreenanne like this.

Carrier
    Marshmallow Android 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
    I also find that after I shower and use a towel to dry myself off, the drying effectiveness is reduced as the towel gets wet. Oddly enough, once it dries out it works like it should. Weird...
    Blimey! You've got a good memory can3gxw. Your annual shower isn't due for another month!

Quote Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
    Hahaha hahaha, awesome.

Posted via the Android Central App

Its been two days since that incedent happens. How many days i have to wait to dry so my speaker work the way it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-Newb View Post
    Dry your speaker until it is completely dry.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    What should i do to dry my speaker? Its been two day since that incedent happens. How many days i have to wait for it to dry? Thanks

What should i do to dry my speaker? Its been two day since that incedent happens. How many days i have to wait for it to dry? Thanks
    Usually its about 3++ hours+-. Strange if its been a few days. Maybe your speaker got permenantly damaged.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Quote Originally Posted by Tech-Newb View Post
    Usually its about 3++ hours+-. Strange if its been a few days. Maybe your speaker got permenantly damaged.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Damn! Is there no other way to fix it? Like remedy or what? Haha. My phone is driod turbo verizon.

Just a drop went straight to the speaker. And just like that the sounds is not usual like it is. And a little distorted.

Last night i put my phone in a uncook rice. And the next morning not a damn thing change.

Carrier
    Marshmallow Android 6.0.1

Last night i put my phone in a uncook rice. And the next morning not a damn thing change.
    To properly dry it out, DO NOT switch the phone on, (this can cause short circuiting and fry your phone), immediately remove the back cover and battery and place everything in a stocking/tights/pantyhose, and place in a tub of uncooked rice and then place that somewhere warm, like an airing cupboard, for between 72 and 96 hours. Better still, if you have any packets of silica gel that sometimes come with electronic products, surround the disassembled phone with these for a similar period. DO NOT use a hairdryer on the phone as this can damage the phone and drive liquid further into it. Get your phone professionally cleaned afterwards to prevent future corrosion of the delicate parts and connections.