| || |
Re: Speaker quality after phone gets wet.
To properly dry it out, DO NOT switch the phone on, (this can cause short circuiting and fry your phone), immediately remove the back cover and battery and place everything in a stocking/tights/pantyhose, and place in a tub of uncooked rice and then place that somewhere warm, like an airing cupboard, for between 72 and 96 hours. Better still, if you have any packets of silica gel that sometimes come with electronic products, surround the disassembled phone with these for a similar period. DO NOT use a hairdryer on the phone as this can damage the phone and drive liquid further into it. Get your phone professionally cleaned afterwards to prevent future corrosion of the delicate parts and connections.
Originally Posted by Pkm025