Anyone having problems using the Android central forum app on their s5?

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I had to Un install and re install the app a few times because it will get stuck trying to open up. I never had this problem on any other phone. Just wondering if I'm the only one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I don't have that problem, and I post almost exclusively from my phone.

Posted via Android Central App

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this a few times (not always). When ity happens I just back out of the app and open it again. That seems to reset it and allows it to open properly.

As a side note, I just installed Tapatalk. Other than aggreggating a bunch of forums within one app, can someone tell me what Tapatalk does any better (or differently) than the native Adroid Central app?

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed this a few times (not always). When ity happens I just back out of the app and open it again. That seems to reset it and allows it to open properly.

As a side note, I just installed Tapatalk. Other than aggreggating a bunch of forums within one app, can someone tell me what Tapatalk does any better (or differently) than the native Adroid Central app?

Mine will get stuck searching for the server, backing out doesn't help me at all. I think it happened after an update.

As for Tapatalk I think people with iPhone ' s use that app because there is no AC forum app for ios.

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
For the longest time you had to use Tapatalk to be able to upload pictures. AC fixed that with a new update a while back

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
How? I can't find the option to add an image to a post.

I just opened the app to check. It was an option in a beta release they did before. I just used Tapatalk since it bundled a couple of forums together that I follow. Sorry for the misinformation.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I just opened the app to check. It was an option in a beta release they did before. I just used Tapatalk since it bundled a couple of forums together that I follow. Sorry for the misinformation.

I take back my wisdom quote! Lol

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The only issue with the AC app is that it will not refresh the articles when I pull down. I have to go to the menu and tap refresh. No big deal, just thought the devs should be aware.

Tapatalk has this one great feature (which may be on the paid version, but I'm not sure) which is that you can add a widget that goes straight to the forum. You can even create a shortcut to the subforum if you long press on it - so I can have a shortcut on the home screen that jumps right to the S5 subforum instead of having to navigate to it. You can also see all the threads you participated in if you want to see responses to your troubleshooting questions.

Marina Bumber

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
tapatalk doesn't always make me sign in...only when i first install the app

I don't get it... Other forums that I follow don't make me sign in every time. Other than that it works fine. Maybe if I signed in with own login rather than Google...

Sent from a far, far away Galaxy S5

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Just happened again. All I did was un-install the app then install it again to be able to post. Not sure why this is happening in my phone.

Attachments

• 1400112399808.jpg
    1400112399808.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 9