Are you having Bank of America check deposit issue on S5?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to deposit two checks using the Bank of America app. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't accept the images, saying it was either too dark or that all corners were not in frame (neither was true). I tried 10 times with one check (even more because I had to retake the back of the check 100 times because it wouldn't focus properly) and 5 times with the other. Then I dusted off my S4 and deposited both on the first try.

There's nothing wrong with the S5 camera, and the preview images looked fine. Anyone else having an issue?

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bank of America check deposit issue

I had the same issue as well for taking the picture of the check, but I managed to get it to work, I just have to take a picture a bit higher to get the back part of the check to focus, it works but its annoying.

Christina Evans1

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

I was having the same problem the other night. I got so fed up with it that I got in my car and drove to the atm to deposit the check!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

ericner#AC

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Same issue here. Never had a problem with checks on my S3 under the exact same lighting conditions. Says S5 won't take at all.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Had the same problem with the back of the check and it picking up my signature, literally took about 12 tries before it finally worked. My sig is pretty small so next time I'll try signing my name larger.

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

this may sound a bit silly but try turning the resolution down to 12 MP or 8 MP to get back to the 4:3 aspect ratio like the S3 and S4 were...reaching a bit but worth a try!

Cheers

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I have my camera set to 12mp 4:3. The S4 is 13mp, so that's not the issue.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I also have the same issue on S5, after having no issues on S4.

I sent email about it, and when they called, they told me to turn of Developer Options and that worked for others, but did not work for me. They were supposed to then have Tech Support call me, but if Tech Support did not call me the first time, I am not going to waste my time further with them.

I never thought about the resolution. I will try reducing it a little bit and see if that works the next time I get a check.

pgordemer

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

I can duplicate the issue 100% of the time. Make sure the check is in the box by a big margin. Make sure there is visible space between the check and corner marks. When I make the check only fill 3/4 of the box, it works every time.

ericner#AC

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I can duplicate the issue 100% of the time. Make sure the check is in the box by a big margin. Make sure there is visible space between the check and corner marks. When I make the check only fill 3/4 of the box, it works every time.

Thanks! Works great with this recommendation.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I was not able to get this to work today. Tried many times to get a good picture at many different distances from check, amount of box filled, etc.

After multiple attempts, I changed the resolution to 12MP, and turned off Developer Options, and the check went through on the first attempt.

Unfortunate that those are the steps we need to take, kind of a pain in the **** to then go turn developer options back on, and chance animation level. Oh well

Txchas

May 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm having the same issue with Wells Fargo. The S5 has struggled to make mobile check deposits since I got it. Now, it refuses to go through no matter what settings I change (resolution, developer options, check position within the box, etc).

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm having the same issue with Wells Fargo. The S5 has struggled to make mobile check deposits since I got it. Now, it refuses to go through no matter what settings I change (resolution, developer options, check position within the box, etc).
No problem here I deposit to PayPal, BOA and Bank of Hampton Roads. You do need to keep a large margin around the check but thats the same with all three of the accs I deposit into. My only problem is PayPal has a rather small amount it will accept in a digital deposit.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

There are two major constraints to make the Check by phone Deposit work

• Have a good contrast between the check and the background
  • Keep the corners well visible within the box. leave a sizable margin around the check corners.

Lighting: No glare! best to have a bright light from two sources: Left and Right.

No Shadows over the camera image.

Don't use Flash..... won't work, period

And, you cannot exceed the Maximum dollar value the bank will allow. Not even by 1 penny.

The pixel setting on the S5 camera does not seem to be important.
Mine is set on 16 mp

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks! I didn't think to try that but it works!!

webwevers#WN

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

I just got the S5 and am having the same troubles here with it not accepting the check image. Mine does not seem to focus the check image no matter what I try. My S5 had no problems at all. Always worked. Next time I will try to set image to 12mp.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site

The problem is mostly that the size of the picture from the s5 is larger than what the bank looks at. There is an overlay of the words "Front of Check" and "back of check". Get the check to fill the space of the words and no more. I use it constantly for my business deposits and framing it this way works consistently. You can see this when you hit the "good pic" check mark and you get the preview on the main deposit screen. Look for the check to fill the preview, but that all four corners are visible. This is not true on the back of the check, business size checks I leave the bottom of the check out of the picture to make the endorsement larger and have no problems.

csanders13

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

This was driving me crazy! So glad of this forum. Figured it had to be something to do with my new S5! Love the phone but maybe in this area it is just TOO much tech! I dropped the resolution down to 6M rather than the 8M I had it and then I made sure that there was a good bit of margin around the check from within the photo window. I had always tried to get the check to fill as much of the window as possible and it worked with my S3 but the combo of the resolution change and the larger margin worked on my S5! Thanks for the ideas!

Andrew Miller6

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site

It ******* worked. A month and a half of paychecks in the bank finally. Cha-ching mother ****er.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1