Galaxy S5: Music & Text Messges - LOCK SCREEN

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I'm playing music (i.e. car) I have my phone on lock eventually as the timer runs out and locks my phone, but when I receive a message, the notifications and such DISABLE the music player on the lock screen until I READ the message in the app itself. Is there a way to disable this? I would like to check my messages when I get to my destination and only change my music with the click of a button without having to:
1. Unlock phone, read text/open message, lock phone
2. Keep phone unlocked
3. Keep having to unlock phone to change music

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't have that problem. I use Hangouts though, maybe it is different when using the stock messaging app?

Posted via Android Central App

Xzibit3

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Uncheck the Display on Lock Screen in Message settings, but you can still change the songs if you have the air gestures on.

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I tried hangouts but I didn't get lock screen notifications.

@ Xzibit3 - I want to have text notifications on my lock screen. I came from an iPhone 4S, and it displayed both the player and recent texts quite nicely. I wanted to use something like dash clock but I can't seem to find out how to put widgets on the lock screen.

Donnie Wilson17

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I was having this happen as well. Also whenever i recieved a message it would pop up in the middle of anything I was doing and lock until viewed or ignored. Go to messages-3 dots right upper corner- settings- notifications-pop ups. turn off pop up message see if that helps?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just check the thread I just created about C Locker app, I think it covers everything you're looking for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar