Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 1Coopgt
  • 1 Post By miatalife
  • 1 Post By miatalife
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Broke my S5

So long story short. I switched from apple to droid last week. The phone of choice was a samsung S5. I had it and loved it for 6 days. On the seventh day instead of resting I went to the gym. Another long story short, 70lb dumbbell > S5. So my week old phone is completely trashed. Did a claim through Asurion and was wondering since my phone is so new would the odds be in my favor of receiving a new deceive or a refurb? If it helps they said it was on backorder..

Global Posts
    1,997 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.1 Lollipop

Default Re: Broke my S5

It will likely be a refurb. However...maybe not because the phone is still so new. How many refurbs of the S5 can there be this early.

Quote Originally Posted by miatalife View Post
    So long story short. I switched from apple to droid last week. The phone of choice was a samsung S5. I had it and loved it for 6 days. On the seventh day instead of resting I went to the gym. Another long story short, 70lb dumbbell > S5. So my week old phone is completely trashed. Did a claim through Asurion and was wondering since my phone is so new would the odds be in my favor of receiving a new deceive or a refurb? If it helps they said it was on backorder..
    Current Device: ‚Äč Nexus 6 & Nexus Player

Current Carrier: Sprint

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

If I had to guess its still early enough for you to get a brand new one. Prob not too many refurbs out there yet.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yah thats what im hoping for...

My boy told me last week his brother dropped a dumbbell on his hTc One M7 (a year old). LOL

I thought it was one of those incidents I don't expect to hear/read again. Sorry to hear.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    My boy told me last week his brother dropped a dumbbell on his hTc One M7 (a year old). LOL

I thought it was one of those incidents I don't expect to hear/read again. Sorry to hear.
    it was a awful feeling. Fell out of my pocket while doing a dumbbell bench. Music still playing didnt realize it and smash lol.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts

I pick things up, I put them down .

Sorry for your lose.
    crawfojj likes this.

I broke mine the first week it came out, it was pretty bad. I also put a claim through on Asurion, and it was on backorder as well. I finally got it on Friday. It doesn't appear to be a refurb, is there a way i can tell?
    Black GS5

I broke my s3 3 days after I got it on the release date. It took them 2 weeks to get me a replacement. It was new in box along with the original accessories. Hope you don't have to wait that long.

Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_h View Post
    I broke mine the first week it came out, it was pretty bad. I also put a claim through on Asurion, and it was on backorder as well. I finally got it on Friday. It doesn't appear to be a refurb, is there a way i can tell?
    I hear if its in the original box with all the stuff it comes with then its new. It also should have a referb sticker under the battery if its refurbished i think.

Ouch! Hopefully they send you a brand new one.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.

Community Rules & Guidelines

Man that is so unfortunate...something I always fear when going to the gym...I put my phone in my pocket when lifting weights
    - Using the Samsung Galaxy S6 BAM! -

any pics?

I hear if its in the original box with all the stuff it comes with then its new. It also should have a referb sticker under the battery if its refurbished i think.
    It was sealed in the box and had all the stuff with it. It looked pretty new, so i'm going to assume it was new. Besides, the phone is so new, how could they possibly have any refurbs yet.

I hope you get a new one.
    Black GS5
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

It was sealed in the box and had all the stuff with it. It looked pretty new, so i'm going to assume it was new. Besides, the phone is so new, how could they possibly have any refurbs yet.

Yah i hope so to. If its not im gonna keep complaining until they send me a new one.
    jesse_h likes this.

Ya. That's an indication that it is new.

-Sent from Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Yikes! That sounds very painful.

Hope you can get a new device soon, if they're willing to do so.
    Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P running Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    LG G4 running Android 5.1 "Lollipop" (Stock LG UX 4.0 UI) *CURRENT DAILY DRIVER*
    HTC One (M7) running Android 5.1.1 "Lollipop" (Custom CM12.1 ROM based on AOSP)
    LG G3 running Android 5.0 "Lollipop" (Stock LG UX 3.0 UI)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 5.1 "Lollipop" (Custom CM12.1 ROM based on AOSP)

If they are refurbs, they don't come with anything

Lol that's how I trashed my iPhone and got this

Posted via Android Central App

I use the Sony SBH50 bluetooth head set Sony SBH50 review - Engadget at the gym. This is great I can leave my phone in my gym bag and still be able to play all the music I have on the phone and take calls while my phone stay nice and safe. Check it out
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by mount.zed View Post
    I use the Sony SBH50 bluetooth head set Sony SBH50 review - Engadget at the gym. This is great I can leave my phone in my gym bag and still be able to play all the music I have on the phone and take calls while my phone stay nice and safe. Check it out
    you wouldnt happen to have a link? also whats the range like? feet wise

you wouldnt happen to have a link? also whats the range like? feet wise
    Stereo Bluetooth Headset SBH50 | Wireless Headset - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)

I think that range is also dependent on the phone but I get 30 40 feet easy and I have gotten over 90 for short stints

the initial post had a link too Sony SBH50 review - Engadget
    Thanked by:

In my experience, refurbs come without a battery cover, charger, earbuds, or the battery itself. You get all the stuff, I'm pretty sure you got yourself a new phone.
    Thanked by:

At this stage it will be new in box. I've had to use Asurion months later on a device before and it was new in box too

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Got my phone today, finally. It was new in box now im just trying to get it receive data..
    jesse_h likes this.