Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Screen Protectors

I'm looking at buying a tempered glass type screen protector. Are they easy to apply...such as no bubbles? What are the best type or brand? I see a bunch on Amazon.com and there are some really expensive ones such as one made by Spigen for $34.00.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    1,653 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Screen Protectors

I'm wondering also...with the S5 being made from Corning Gorilla Glass 3...how easy will this type of glass scratch? I wasn't too impressed with Gorilla Glass 2. I had that on my Nexus 4 and it scratched relatively easy. I used toothpaste to buff them out...it worked pretty well.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

Honestly, never heard of this until I read this post. I searched it and watched a review on YouTube, it looks simpler to apply since it's not as flimsy.

Anyways, I'm a fan of Nillkin cases & Super Shieldz screens protectors, it's all I order on eBay. I searched and Nillkin sells it for $9.99.

Nillkin 9H Hardness Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S5 Clear | eBay

Global Posts
    5,005 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I always get a tempered glass protector on my phones no matter how high quality the screen glass is. At the end of the day I would rather pay a few bucks to get the screen protector replaced than to pay a couple hundred for a refurbished insurance claim.

I got the BodyGuardz tempered glass one when I bought it in store. They put it on for me and I absolutely love it. Can't say how it feels compared to the regular glass of the phone (I had it put on immediately) but it feels very very smooth and doesn't hurt the display at all. Much easier to clean than any of my old phone displays without protectors.

Tech armor ballistic feels just like the natural screen it's 15.95 on amazon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Great warranty also

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

never used a screen protector on my s2, s3, and s4 and I was fine...but i always worried, which gave me anxiety

decided to try out zagg glass this time to pay a little bit more to relieve "screen scratch" anxiety and i love it....