Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By f1nzup
  • 1 Post By eyecon82
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Default Switched from the S5 to the Note 3

My wife upgraded from the S3 two weeks ago to the the S5, and apparently I wasn't paying enough attention to the Spark issue, the one that doesn't allow simultaneous talk and data. Well once we figured out the issue this became a deal breaker. And to top it off the only high-end Samsung without Spark now is the Note 3.

Now I love my Note 3, but my wife didn't want that big of a phone. Hopefully though it will grow on her. Fingers crossed. :-)

This whole Spark thing by Sprint is a cluster f *** and if it's not fixed on my next upgrade it will be the straw to break my back. I've been with them 17 years, but I'm at my wits end with them and their stupid business decisions. LOSING features is NOT a good way to keep customers. Ugh.

Sent from my Note 3 Using Tapatalk
    diamondRanch likes this.

Default Re: Switched from the S5 to the Note 3

s5 still have some bugs. note 3 is really a good phone no bugs , huge screen and lot of features but not that of s5 .

I wish I had known sprint did this on s5 I would have gotten note 3 as well!

Posted via Android Central App

Is this just for Sprint's GS5? Does anyone know if Verizon's GS5 has this problem?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _YoKolorMeBadd View Post
    Is this just for Sprint's GS5? Does anyone know if Verizon's GS5 has this problem?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Verizon should be fine. This is because of Sprint's Spark, which Big Red doesn't have.

ROM
    2.2.1 froyo EB16, Voodoo

Samsung added the Spark technology to the S5 to be comparable with Sprints new systems, but in typical Sprint style, Sprint hasn't implemented Spark on schedule and as a result is screwing the pooch again! This affects no other carrier since Sprint is the only provider to choose this tech. Keep in mind, it should only be a matter of time before Sprint actually gets this rolled out to all of it's markets and as I understand it some markets should be up and running so check your area before making a decision!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    Verizon should be fine. This is because of Sprint's Spark, which Big Red doesn't have.

are you sure about that? i heard it simply doesn't have the SVLTE radio like the original s4 and s3 did?

it seems with every Samsung S phone, we lose something

with the s3, we could do data and voice over 3g and LTE

with the s4, we could do it only over LTE

now with the s5, its nothing....wtf sprint!!
    diamondRanch likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    are you sure about that? i heard it simply doesn't have the SVLTE radio like the original s4 and s3 did?

it seems with every Samsung S phone, we lose something

with the s3, we could do data and voice over 3g and LTE

with the s4, we could do it only over LTE

now with the s5, its nothing....wtf sprint!!
    It is my understanding that this is a Sprint/Spark issue. With the radios required for Spark that you can only use one at a time, meaning either data or voice but not both at the same time.

Now I could be wrong, but I believe the radio setup for Verizon is different and therefore you can still do both, albeit maybe only LTE and voice, but I believe it is still possible. I would definitely confirm that with Verizon and don't take my word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    It is my understanding that this is a Sprint/Spark issue. With the radios required for Spark that you can only use one at a time, meaning either data or voice but not both at the same time.

Now I could be wrong, but I believe the radio setup for Verizon is different and therefore you can still do both, albeit maybe only LTE and voice, but I believe it is still possible. I would definitely confirm that with Verizon and don't take my word for it.

I do know for a fact 3g and voice won't work in it. It didnt for the s4 on Verizon either

-Sent from Tapatalk