Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post What Kind Of Case Do You Use For Your Galaxy S5?

Just a bit curious to who uses what cases? Do you use a screen protector?
    Comment below

I use the Incipio case, it is blue and grey, it's not slippery and not overly bulky which I like, but has enough bulk to it so it doesn't feel like I'm holding just the phone. I would have gotten an Otterbox Commuter like I had previous with my S3 but I'm waiting to see if they come out with any cool looks other then the basic black or white cases.
    As for protection it does what I need it to do, although I have a little more protection when I'm not using it, I have a magnetic pouch I slip it into when I go out. So I'm double protected
    As for a screen protector there is not one around here so far, although I have one pre-ordered when Telus gets a shipment in.

Global Posts
    1,748 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: What Kind Of Case Do You Use For Your Galaxy S5?

I use a Spigen Slim Armor case. It's blue and has the same dimples style design as the S5 does. It makes my S5 look like the blue version of the S5. I don't use a screen protector...yet. I'm still sitting on the fence about using a screen protector.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtenay Dawn View Post
    Just a bit curious to who uses what cases? Do you use a screen protector?
    Comment below

I use the Incipio case, it is blue and grey, it's not slippery and not overly bulky which I like, but has enough bulk to it so it doesn't feel like I'm holding just the phone. I would have gotten an Otterbox Commuter like I had previous with my S3 but I'm waiting to see if they come out with any cool looks other then the basic black or white cases.
    As for protection it does what I need it to do, although I have a little more protection when I'm not using it, I have a magnetic pouch I slip it into when I go out. So I'm double protected
    As for a screen protector there is not one around here so far, although I have one pre-ordered when Telus gets a shipment in.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
    Thanked by:
    crunchysocks likes this.

I'm waiting for the Seidio Surface case with kickstand. Had them on all my phones and don't want to use anything else again. I also like the clip it comes with when I need to wear it.
    Its very thin but very protective and is not slippery at all and has felt on inside so I don't have to put a screen protector on it. I don't like seen protectors feel.

Posted via Android Central App
    gottria likes this.

Tech21 dark case and Tech21 self healing screen protector

Tech21 tactical impact in black with a tempered glass screen protector of no particular brand.

I bought this one.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IHP...0-20&m1k=vb_ac
    Its pretty good. It's similar to otter box in looks imo but only cheaper.

White phone, grey and white Otter box.

I'm waiting for my case to arrive. I have been using my phone caseless for a week. I ordered a Spigen neo hybrid case electric blue and a Spigen glas.t nano slim 0.2mm thick glass screen protector.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T

Blue and Grey Otterbox Commuter. Came with a screen protector.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Android Central

Mine is S-view flip cover, with screen protector.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S5_GJH View Post
    Tech21 tactical impact in black with a tempered glass screen protector of no particular brand.

The Tech21 Tactical is a fantastic case! I have been using it for work carry and I have the diztronic black case for all other times. Been through 6 cases so far, and these two are the ones I like the best.

Oh, Zag screen protector (installed flawlessly).

ROM
    .246 ICS

I have a Seidio surface for my Note 2 and got my wife an S5 on Friday along with the Tech 21 tactical case. She's a girl so it's pink, and I must say it looks pretty damn good against the white phone. She loves it!

Sent from my Note 2 via AC Forums App

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I just ordered a Spigen Slim Armor view as well in the Slate Blue color.

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock w/ Root

Spigen Slim Armor Case - love it.

Edit: Use the official S5 verizon glass screen protector. Love it as well. Feels like it's the natural screen but with it, the fingerprint reader will not work which is fine for me since it's useless to me anyways.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

None, and the phone has Gorilla glass. I don't like the extra bulk. If the back gets scratched then it can be replaced.

I have a pink n black incipio dualpro case and a white and pink otter box commuter case with a screen protector

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rexbaumgartner View Post
    The Tech21 Tactical is a fantastic case! I have been using it for work carry and I have the diztronic black case for all other times. Been through 6 cases so far, and these two are the ones I like the best.

Oh, Zag screen protector (installed flawlessly).
    Do you find the Tech21 Tactical adds extra width to the phone? Does it make the phone uncomfortable?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post
    Do you find the Tech21 Tactical adds extra width to the phone? Does it make the phone uncomfortable?

Doesn't add hardly any width. It's a very slim, but strong case.

Keeps the shape of the phone too so it almost feels the same in my hands as it does with a naked phone.

Quote Originally Posted by S5_GJH View Post
    Doesn't add hardly any width. It's a very slim, but strong case.

Keeps the shape of the phone too so it almost feels the same in my hands as it does with a naked phone.

Really? It seems as if it would make the phone considerably wider due to the D3O surrounding the case. Im talking about width, not thickness.

Rocking it without a case, which is usually a pattern until i buy an extended battery, and then i'm resigned to carrying around a brick. However, battery seems pretty OK so far.

Being as I dropped it for the first time today, I might break out the Spigen slim armor case i bought soon...

PDAir flip case. Beautiful, handy and protects the screen when I drop it face down on a rock. I have had three PDAir leather cases and I think they are superior to anything I can find in the states.

Yeah, I know you are.

The D30 thing doesn't add hardly any width at all.

Thanked by:

I'm using a Speck Grip candyshell case. I also have a Case-Mate Pop! Stand case and another cheap TPU case I cannot stand to use. I stick with the Grip because it feels slimmer than the Case-Mate case. This weekend I plan on picking up an incipio feather case...or the Case-Mate Glam case. I'm not 100% sure which one yet. I'm leaning towards the feather because it is the thinner of the 2 and that's what I'm wanting.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I got this one at the Sprint store. I like it so far. Seems pretty tough and doesn't add much bulk it all.

Rise - Samsung Galaxy S5 Phone Cases | Galaxy S5 Phone Case

Started with a cheap Body Glove, moved up from that to the otterbox defender I got annoyed with the screen protector not being clear enough for me so I put in the Zagg HD and ripped out the built in screen protector. Also ordered the Spigen tough armor on a whim, I really like this case but didn't think it would protect the phone enough for work (law enforcement). Received my Element Recon Carbon Fiber in Black this past Saturday, I do believe this will be the case I stay with, I feel as though the case is very high quality it seems to be very durable and feels like it will protect the phone very well while keeping a slimmer form factor and the Sound Boost System is very nice redirecting the sound to the front of the case. I think the only change I will be making is to move to a Zagg glass screen protector because I can still notice a slight orange peel to the HD protector and my OCD can't ignore it. I'm good for now probably, maybe, at least until the Lifeproof comes out. LOL!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast