- 1 Posts
GS5 keeps shutting itself off when not in use
While I'm thoroughly pleased with the specs of this phone, there are some early glitches.
The primary issue I'm running into is that, several times today, I've left my phone off for relatively short periods of time (say 20-30 minutes) and came back to find that the phone had shut itself off. In these situations, there had been no recent notifications and the phone was just sitting there idle. It's like it got tired of waiting around and went to sleep. On the other hand, I had a missed call and it sat for 3 hours without shutting off.
Also, the power button's responsiveness is disappointing. Depending on how long the phone sits, I've found it takes upwards of 3-4 seconds for the phone to respond to a touch of the power button and sometimes it won't go to the lock screen at all, which always makes me think the phone has shut itself off. On a second, more authoritative press, it usually works.
Not sure whether to return it to T Mobile or if this is something a factory reset could fix.
- 05-04-2014, 02:15 AM #2
- 121 Posts
Re: GS5 keeps shutting itself off when not in use
Screen auto hibernates to conserve power when not in use, you can change the different times till it goes into hibernation by going to settings>display>screen timeout; I doubt it didn't should off for 3 hours, maybe you have the reminder set to remind of at a certain time limit, I have that for my unread messages. If it doesn't go to the lockscreen at all, try a factory reset and if that doesn't work exchange it for a new one.
- By villabalipassion in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2014, 03:33 PM
- By Courtenay Dawn in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 90Last Post: 08-04-2014, 06:21 PM
- By tripleh3lix in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 05-09-2014, 07:00 AM
- By bembol in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 05-04-2014, 06:31 AM
- By Mikey Bringetto in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 05-03-2014, 09:04 PM