Widget on Home Screen

Wintercreek

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I've had my S5 now for about 2 weeks, and while I was exploring all the areas of the phone I must have changed something that I really liked about the phone. The phone came out of the box with the accuweather widget on the home screen, and besides showing a nice display of the weather, date, time, and name of location, it also had some rotation of beautiful pictures. Somehow I must have disabled that because now I just get the standard grass meadow during the day and a standard nighttime image. While it's nice, I miss the rotation of those pictures. Did I dream this up or was it really there as no one seems to know what I'm talking about?

Hope anyone can help?

Trish

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I've had my S5 now for about 2 weeks, and while I was exploring all the areas of the phone I must have changed something that I really liked about the phone. The phone came out of the box with the accuweather widget on the home screen, and besides showing a nice display of the weather, date, time, and name of location, it also had some rotation of beautiful pictures. Somehow I must have disabled that because now I just get the standard grass meadow during the day and a standard nighttime image. While it's nice, I miss the rotation of those pictures. Did I dream this up or was it really there as no one seems to know what I'm talking about?

Hope anyone can help?

Trish

Welcome to the forums.
I don't have the S5, but is there anyway you can access the settings for the widget?

Wintercreek

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have have gone over it several times. The accuweather.com widget is the widget that comes in the phone out of the box, but it just isn't working the same way. I even had a rep at Verizon, where I bought the phone, look at it and he just scratched his head.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have have gone over it several times. The accuweather.com widget is the widget that comes in the phone out of the box, but it just isn't working the same way. I even had a rep at Verizon, where I bought the phone, look at it and he just scratched his head.

Have you tried setting up a new widget?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you having boring weather 😉

That's all I can think wouldn't change the background.

I couldn't see anything unset settings.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar