Emojis on Instagram and facebook

Steven Grodzinski

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got an S5 and don't see how the emojis that are stock on the phone in the message app are available on the keyboard on facebook or instagram. am I missing something?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had to download the Kii keyboard and the handcent emoji plugin. It works great on Facebook and Instagram

Posted via Android Central App

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I use the stock keyboard, Swift key. If I hold down ( long press) the microphone it brings up the options. Choose the smiley face and you have the options. 👍📠

Marina Bumber

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I use the stock keyboard, Swift key. If I hold down ( long press) the microphone it brings up the options. Choose the smiley face and you have the options. 👍📠

Swift key is stock app?? I bought that app... And doesn't give me emoji :-(

Sent from a far, far away Galaxy S5

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
SwiftKey isn't stock. I think she means the Swype keyboard that comes built into the GS5.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Settings
Launguage and Input
Samsung Keyboard (press on the setting key)
Scroll down and you will see "Keyboard swipe--SwiftKey Flow").

Perhaps it's a version of Swiftkey?

DroidNC

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, holding down the microphone key on the standard keyboard enabled them for me! I appreciate the direction! One other weird issue. I happen to belong to several standard poodle groups, and I use the Pink Poodle under the animal faces a lot. For some reason, if I use the pink poodle the first time, or in a line of other emojis, it comes out a pink poodle. If I try to use the pink poodle a few times in a row, or in another post, it turns into a white dog. I am probably the only person alive who cares, but it really bugs me!!!

Michele Corbett

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I use swype and don't want to change my default keyboard every time I want to post an emoji on Facebook, Instagram or whatever else. So I figured out how to switch without having to change the default keyboard. When on Facebook and typing your status or whatever at the top you'll notice in your notification a symbol that looks like a keyboard. Pull down your notifications and click on the keyboard it will then give you the option to pick what keyboard you want select samsung keyboard. Hold down the microphone and it will give you the option to select the emojis! Only frustrating thing is you have to then switch it back to Swype. BUT the switching it through the notification menu is easier than changing it in settings

YaBoi DaCoach

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Spot on I googled to find a compatible emoji keyboard and came across this comment thanks just like you said press and hold the microphone and there it is it works thanks!!!

Jena Anton

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I use swype and don't want to change my default keyboard every time I want to post an emoji on Facebook, Instagram or whatever else. So I figured out how to switch without having to change the default keyboard. When on Facebook and typing your status or whatever at the top you'll notice in your notification a symbol that looks like a keyboard. Pull down your notifications and click on the keyboard it will then give you the option to pick what keyboard you want select samsung keyboard. Hold down the microphone and it will give you the option to select the emojis! Only frustrating thing is you have to then switch it back to Swype. BUT the switching it through the notification menu is easier than changing it in settings

THANK YOU! I've been trying to figure out how to do this without totally abandoning my Swype keyboard for months. You are the bomb!

anon(10130299)

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Settings
Launguage and Input
Samsung Keyboard (press on the setting key)
Scroll down and you will see "Keyboard swipe--SwiftKey Flow").

Perhaps it's a version of Swiftkey?

Thanks..this info did not help with my emoji problem but you DID help me finally find how to turn off the auto-correct on my S6 phone....☺