Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LJ Washington
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question on the S-View window, why not more apps?

I'm a sour apple guy with this new green machine. I love the Size, Water Resistance, IR blaster, the Freedom to add an SSD, the Screen and the S-View case. However I feel the S-View is not being used to its fullest. For example if more apps used the window you could check sports scores, maps, voice recorder, display emails, display text messages, check the news or start S-Voice. These are just a few things you could easily uses without opening the S-View case which drains battery and reduced device protection. In short it would make the SG5 slick and quick. But maybe i'm wrong and this can be done now. If so please guide me to expanding the S-View features other than Weather, Remote Control and Walking Counter.
    cjohnson421 likes this.

Default Re: Question on the S-View window, why not more apps?

LJWashington, I was thinking the same thing. It's such a great feature that is way under utilized. The time, weather, music, and action note that's it. But you cant event edit the action note after saved, or reference other ones. And the thing that REALLY bugs me is that you can not READ the missed call numbers or received SMS messages. It just displays you have them with a number. Still have to open the case to view.

There is a hack (from what I understand only available to rooted devices) that will allow customize of the S-View background with custom image. One guy had a photo of wires lol. Though its cool to see, it not enough to make me want to root my device.

Really hope Samsung or someone (an app store developer?) creates an app or mod to allow more functionality of the S-View screen. Until then we are stuck with the limited use it has.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Default Re: Question on the S-View window, why not more apps?

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson421 View Post
    There is a hack (from what I understand only available to rooted devices) that will allow customize of the S-View background with custom image. One guy had a photo of wires lol. Though its cool to see, it not enough to make me want to root my device.
    just go to settings/accessories and pick any wallpaper you want for the s-view