Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Regarding: Ultra power saving mode, any way to add an app not on the starting list?

I am wondering if it is possible to add a specific app to the ultra power saving mode list, seeing as twitter popped up after I installed it, it seems possible? or maybe there is a sort of whitelist?

Has anyone experimented with this?

I'm asking because I'd like to add an ebook reader app to the ultra power saving mode, it to me seems like that would be an, if unintended, but ideal thing to use the ultra saving mode for, though it would naturally not save as much being mostly black text on white background, but same goes for twitter and note.

It would seem to me though that the mode speaks to make the g5 an ereader mode of sorts, power saving and all turned to minimum, grayscale, saving a lot of power compared to running in normal mode, since there you'd need to turn off all the background stuff manually before it would use less power, and that is quite a hassle.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Regarding: Ultra power saving mode, any way to add an app not on the starting list?

Quote Originally Posted by xondk View Post
    I am wondering if it is possible to add a specific app to the ultra power saving mode list, seeing as twitter popped up after I installed it, it seems possible? or maybe there is a sort of whitelist?

Has anyone experimented with this?

I'm asking because I'd like to add an ebook reader app to the ultra power saving mode, it to me seems like that would be an, if unintended, but ideal thing to use the ultra saving mode for, though it would naturally not save as much being mostly black text on white background, but same goes for twitter and note.

It would seem to me though that the mode speaks to make the g5 an ereader mode of sorts, power saving and all turned to minimum, grayscale, saving a lot of power compared to running in normal mode, since there you'd need to turn off all the background stuff manually before it would use less power, and that is quite a hassle.
    Well, I don't know about it because I haven't tried experimenting on it I would say if you're having some tricks to do so then I'll say I am also going to do the same.