Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Might switch from Droid Razr Maxx - Is there a docking/clock mode?

Maybe this has been asked before, but I've searched a little and can't seem to get a clear answer.

Does this phone have a docking mode?? That would be where you dock it, maybe at your bedside, and use it as the clock, alarm, weather station, etc.

I can see where there are docks that are designed for charging and for standing the phone on a desk at work or something similar, but I read one thread where it looked like maybe Samsung had eliminated the mode that I am interested in. Is that correct? If so, is there an app that will do the same thing? I got tired of the bedside alarm clock that was never accurate, would lose power, wouldn't keep alarm settings, etc. With my Maxx and the dock designed for it, I have been a happy camper.

I appreciate your help and input.

Default Re: Might switch from Droid Razr Maxx - Is there a docking/clock mode?

You can get different apps that tie into daydream mode. I use one every night on my nexus 7 in daydream mode as a bedside clock.

Edit: It is beautiful widgets that I use in daydream mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    covard 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you, for your reply. I should mention that I am on Verizon. I don't know if that makes any difference. Different carriers may block different features.

I am assuming that the S5 screen will stay on all night. I don't want to have to wake it up with a button or something. Just want it to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by covard View Post
    Thank you, for your reply. I should mention that I am on Verizon. I don't know if that makes any difference. Different carriers may block different features.

I am assuming that the S5 screen will stay on all night. I don't want to have to wake it up with a button or something. Just want it to be there.
    You can enable developer settings, and set the screen to never sleep while charging. Then when it's charging, and in daydream mode, the screen will stay on.

Global Posts
    4,783 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use Dock Clock - there is a free and paid version in the Play Store. I use the free version and it works great.

Posted via Android Central App
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".