Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Too much information

Hi I'm new to Samsung mobiles, having just moved over from the iphone and I would like to know why when downloading apps the app companies need so much access to the information stored on the phone and if I give them what they want is it going to affect me or my phone.
    Do I have to give the information or is there another way of downloading apps?
    Other than that I'm very happy with my new s5.

Default Re: Too much information

Welcome to Android Central! Many apps from all platforms (including iOS) need to access various information on your device. Android is more forthcoming, letting you know the permissions being requested before you install. On iOS, I believe it is harder to find that information before installing, although you do have the advantage on that platform of selectively granting or refusing certain permissions.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Default Re: Too much information

A good developer will explain the reasons for the required permissions in the app description on Google Play, so make sure to read it. The reviews can also be helpful, if the developer isn't very explanatory.

But you pretty much have to accept those permissions if you want to use the app.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!