Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gmurphy0487
  • 1 Post By Jay Sacks
  • 1 Post By carterlite
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Brand New Phone, screen stays on while charging :(

I just got brand new phone from ATT, while charging I noticed the screen stayed on.
    Am I missing something or is this a Android Bug? Usually Developer option is hidden in a new phone. But on my phone the developer option was on and screen set to stay on while charging
    So when charged overnight my screen stayed on for several hours. Is this a bug or my phone was not 100% new?? Did it damage my screen? At least it was dimmed because it was dark...

Did someone had a similar experience on a brand new phone or did ATT sold me a refurbished one?

Default Re: Brand New Phone, screen stays on while charging :(

Go into display settings and make sure you have "daydream" toggled off.
    Banned

I've noticed this too...it seems that I have "timed out" on the finger print scan and it's waiting for the backup password. I jsut tap the button on the side and turn it off...never thought it might be "a bug".

I had to enable developer options on my att s5.

That being said, I once had a sales rep that was "setting up" a phone for me and enabled development options and turned on the option for never sleep when charging. Not sure why he did this, maybe just his personal preference. But this could be the case if you had a sales rep helping you with the phone before you left the store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    adrianlew likes this.

I would not worry about damaging the screen by leaving on while charging. My old Droid X has been on for 18 months straight as a bathroom clock and media source for my Slingbox. My Note 2 is always on as a night clock while charging.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk
    adrianlew likes this.

Most stores use a machine to transfer photos, videos, etc, from the old phone to the new one. The transfer machine usually requires USB debugging and Stay Awake to be on, both are under developer options. The consultant simply didn't turn it back off before giving it back to you. Nothing to worry about!
    adrianlew likes this.

The cellebrite machines stores use to transfer information from the old phone to new requires developer options to be enabled, stay awake is one option that needs to be enabled on most phones.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by carterlite View Post
    Most stores use a machine to transfer photos, videos, etc, from the old phone to the new one. The transfer machine usually requires USB debugging and Stay Awake to be on, both are under developer options. The consultant simply didn't turn it back off before giving it back to you. Nothing to worry about!
    That was/is the case with my phone. Thanx

Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

thank you that what I thought after I post it, I remember she transferred my contact. I should done this better at home And thats to all for the great feedback

go into settings -> about phone, tap "build number" 7 times to activate developer options then go into developer options and uncheck "stay awake". it works. i just did it...

great, thanks, works for me!
    ps - need this cause phone charges much faster when screen is OFF !