Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tSher
  • 1 Post By Zylograth
  • 2 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After removing Google search bar, where to find it to put it on the screen again?

I didn't think I'd want the google search bar w/ voice on my home screen (the widget), so I removed it, figuring a small icon was enough and that I could always add it back later. Now that I decided I do want it after all, I can't find it anywhere; seems it would be under widgets, but not that I can see. Anyone know where I can find it?
    Mandy Connor likes this.

Default Re: After removing Google search bar, where to find it to put it on the screen again?

It is the Google Search widget. Just add it back from your widgets screen.
    tSher likes this.

Global Posts
    31,637 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: After removing Google search bar, where to find it to put it on the screen again?

Quote Originally Posted by tSher View Post
    I didn't think I'd want the google search bar w/ voice on my home screen (the widget), so I removed it, figuring a small icon was enough and that I could always add it back later. Now that I decided I do want it after all, I can't find it anywhere; seems it would be under widgets, but not that I can see. Anyone know where I can find it?
    Depending on how you can bring up widgets, it would be under Google Search and it is the 4x1 dimensions.
    tSher and razor7376 like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

OK, thanks, found it now.

Global Posts
    31,637 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

So everything is good with the device now?

Can you please send info on how to re-install the widget to Samsung S5?
    Thanks!

I accedently deleted my search bar off my home screen how do you put it back

It is a widget, just add it to any screen you want from the widgets. long press a blank spot on any screen and the widgets button opens on the bottom of the screen. Drag and drop the widget where you want it. Long press on an icon on your screen allows you to move or remove (you never actually delete by removing)

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

Note: If you don't want it on your home screen, place it on a different screen. It will work even if it isn't visible on the current screen.

I think people have a few things confused. On the Droid turbo 2 and other devices i presume when disabling apps you can disable the app called "Google app" this is the Google search bar on the home i think most of you are deleting. (I did too) even if you select to turn it on in your home settings it will not activate if you disabled that app. Flip it back on and it works fine.

It's not under my wages or anything else

Look for it under widgets - it may appear either as Google Search (straightforward case)
    or as a 4 x 1 App if there are other 4 x 1 Google apps - less straightforward case)

Beware of the following:

Tap and hold your screen, and go to the widget menu.

Widgets indicate their size below the icon: 4x2 or 4x1. However, the "google apps" widget has the number three between brackets below it (3).

Tap on this widget, and presto: two other widgets appear from under it. One of them is the google search bar.

Been lookin for it for two days.

Pull up the 4x1 search bar in the widgets, once it's on your screen hold down on both ends of the search bar, a blue box appears around the bar, just pull it to the right to expand the bar to a 5x1

Quote Originally Posted by TonkaNL View Post
    Beware of the following:

Tap and hold your screen, and go to the widget menu.

Widgets indicate their size below the icon: 4x2 or 4x1. However, the "google apps" widget has the number three between brackets below it (3).

Tap on this widget, and presto: two other widgets appear from under it. One of them is the google search bar.

Been lookin for it for two days.

BEST ANSWER! Thank you for restoring my search bar and sanity.