Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By arisenfury
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default unlocked bootloader

    I see that the developers edition of the S5 is available at verizon.
    This comes with an unlockable bootloader.

    Since I bought my S5 outright (full price) how can I unlock my bootloader ?
    I believe I have that right since I paid full price.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    30,109 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,600 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: unlocked bootloader

    I am going to be honest, I am not sure. When I searched, I kept getting hits for the developer edition. I could not find anything for the regular S5 and unlocking the bootloader.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: unlocked bootloader

    I have yet to ask verizon because I expect them to say no.
  4. #4  
    thegrants82's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    963 Global Posts

    Default Re: unlocked bootloader

    I am pretty sure that you cant.
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear8 View Post
    I see that the developers edition of the S5 is available at verizon.
    This comes with an unlockable bootloader.

    Since I bought my S5 outright (full price) how can I unlock my bootloader ?
    I believe I have that right since I paid full price.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: unlocked bootloader

    another reason why verizon/at&t sucks, locked bootloaders. If you want unlocked bootloaders, go with Tmobile or sprint.
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    30,109 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,600 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: unlocked bootloader

    Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    another reason why verizon/at&t sucks, locked bootloaders. If you want unlocked bootloaders, go with Tmobile or sprint.
    Of those two, Verizon is worse than AT&T.

    From an SOKP Nexus 5
  7. #7  

    Default Re: unlocked bootloader

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Of those two, Verizon is worse than AT&T.

    From an SOKP Nexus 5
    For those on AT&T, some guys on xda got a tmoble s5, and is using it on att just fine, with unlocked bootloader
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: unlocked bootloader

    See my argument is that there is a developer version available from verizon with unlocked bootloader but more importantly I OWN MY PHONE.

    Would that not be enough ?

    Who would I call first ? Tech Support ? Go to the local store ?
  9. #9  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    30,109 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,600 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: unlocked bootloader

    Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear8 View Post
    See my argument is that there is a developer version available from verizon with unlocked bootloader but more importantly I OWN MY PHONE.

    Would that not be enough ?

    Who would I call first ? Tech Support ? Go to the local store ?
    I agree, you should be able to do whatever you want as you own the device. I don't know how far you would get with Verizon or Samsung, as they both would probably say no.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
  10. #10  
    arisenfury's Avatar

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Virtuous Sense 3.0

    Default Re: unlocked bootloader

    You're out of luck, sell or return your phone and buy the developer edition. Simple research would've given you this info prior to buying the locked version.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Rick Bell likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: unlocked bootloader

    Quote Originally Posted by arisenfury View Post
    You're out of luck, sell or return your phone and buy the developer edition. Simple research would've given you this info prior to buying the locked version.

    Posted via Android Central App
    No need to further drag the member across the coals. I'm sure at this stage they are aggravated enough.


    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. unlock model xt1056 -sprint
    By lambrosio in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 01:38 AM
  2. AT&T vs. Unlocked
    By detroitmikeb in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 06:45 AM
  3. Best Phone for carrier unlocking?
    By dxbrooks1 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2014, 08:22 AM
  4. Unlocking screen qn on M8
    By rico321 in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 11:21 AM
  5. T-Mobile HTC One (M8) Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery, Root, S-Off
    By coronaboy10 in forum HTC One M8 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions