How can I add phone number to synced facebook contacts ?

Omid Rahmany1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys I just got my galaxy S5 and I'm about to freak out !!!
I synced the phone with my facebook , now I have all my facebook friends in my phone contacts but I CAN NOT edit them and add their phone number !!!
is there any one who can help me with that ?!!?
how can I edit and add phone number to my synced facebook friends in my galaxy s 5 contacts ?!?!?

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
You can't when you sync with Facebook. It takes whatever info the person has given Facebook and syncs that with your phone. Contact your friend and have them update their info.

StevieD009

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm with Omid - this seems to be a major failure, among other extremely convoluted processes on the Alpha. In order to add a phone # to a contact that was created from Facebook, I have to create a new contact with the same name, then it will ask me if I want to merge -- I have to accept, then once I save the info I have to, no kidding, hit 'cancel' rather than 'save' because otherwise it will send me into an error loop that will never resolve no matter how many times I hit 'save' - after hitting 'cancel' of all things, the contact will be updated. I don't understand why you can't edit within the contact that was created from Facebook? Seems like a basic thing to me. Any resolutions out there?