Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does the S5 have a limit on the size of Notes in Contacts?

I'm eligible to upgrade my HTC EVO LTE and have been thinking of moving to the Samsung S5, but any size limit on notes in the Contacts app is a deal-killer. Samsung started truncating the notes field in the S3 and did the same with the S4. The limit is around 980 characters; see this discussion about the S4 for details: the notes section in a contact is limited in the s4 - xda-developers.

Be sure to try editing larger notes since it might seem like you can import large notes with a contact, but they get truncated as soon as you try to edit them in-app. I'm really hoping that Samsung fixed this in the S5 since it's a serious limitation if you keep detailed notes with your contacts, or import from something like Outlook.

Thanks!

Default Re: Does the S5 have a limit on the size of Notes in Contacts?

I have just moved to a Galaxy S5 and the notes field does appear to be limited. Very annoying as I keep detailed notes in my Outlook contacts. I have not yet looked to see if there is any way to change to an unlimited field size. Anyone know if there is?