Loose battery cover

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My battery cover is creaking in multiple areas and even has a couple of real tiny gaps on the edges when the creak "pops" in a certain area. Anyone else or is my cover messed up? My 14 days just ended and Verizon offered to credit my account the purchase price of a new cover but I can't find a cover from a reputable source. The water resistance is basically non-existant with this.

*I've checked with Samsung and they told me the battery door, even though its brand new, isn't covered. Thanks Samsung, wish I got the HTC One with that kind of response.
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Sophia Zhao

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Nope, my battery cover is covered tightly without gaps and noise. All the slide keys are work well even better than my Galaxy note 2. Maybe you got bad luck when pick up the phone.
If it doesn't matter, just keep it. If want to replace, just find an original replacement here or there, not expensive so much here Battery Cover for Galaxy S5 G900F. If too annoyed, HTC One M8 is really a good choice:p
Good luck to you!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really looking to switch to an M8. I'm just saying it out of frustration. I do need to get a new battery cover though so I'll be on the look out. That website you linked isn't USA and I've never heard of it so I'll be avoiding it due to the water seal. I see it has one but there is also no Samsung label on the cover which is odd.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
You can buy an aftermarket back cover. I saw some on Amazon for about $15. I can't say whether they are sealed against water...probably not. Or you can get a cover that will allow for wireless charging.

My battery cover is creaking in multiple areas and even has a couple of real tiny gaps on the edges when the creak "pops" in a certain area. Anyone else or is my cover messed up? My 14 days just ended and Verizon offered to credit my account the purchase price of a new cover but I can't find a cover from a reputable source. The water resistance is basically non-existant with this.

*I've checked with Samsung and they told me the battery door, even though its brand new, isn't covered. Thanks Samsung, wish I got the HTC One with that kind of response.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You can buy an aftermarket back cover. I saw some on Amazon for about $15. I can't say whether they are sealed against water...probably not.

That's the issue - I'm not going for a cover that's not OEM. I don't see any OEM right now so I have to wait. I have my eye on the Wireless Charging Cover but its taking forever. I just hope my Diztronic case fits like it does for other Samsung devices with the cover.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't blame you there. I saw the wireless charging covers have a waiting period of 2 or 3 months...that's crazy.

That's the issue - I'm not going for a cover that's not OEM. I don't see any OEM right now so I have to wait. I have my eye on the Wireless Charging Cover but its taking forever. I just hope my Diztronic case fits like it does for other Samsung devices with the cover.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't blame you there. I saw the wireless charging covers have a waiting period of 2 or 3 months...that's crazy.

I'm sure that's an estimate based on uncertainty but either way I have it ordered on Amazon. Sadly the wait time is 2-4 months lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine has the smallest ever gap at the bottom near my S-pen (Note 3 obviously) but that's it.

As for the creaking most of my samsungs did some sort of slight Creek. I swap batteries on my Note 3 now and I am just throwing it up to me popping it off and on.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine has the smallest ever gap at the bottom near my S-pen (Note 3 obviously) but that's it.

As for the creaking most of my samsungs did some sort of slight Creek. I swap batteries on my Note 3 now and I am just throwing it up to me popping it off and on.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I never had that on my Note 3. Although if I did it wouldn't be as bad since there really no water resistance claim. :)

Sophia Zhao

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm not really looking to switch to an M8. I'm just saying it out of frustration. I do need to get a new battery cover though so I'll be on the look out. That website you linked isn't USA and I've never heard of it so I'll be avoiding it due to the water seal. I see it has one but there is also no Samsung label on the cover which is odd.

yep, asked for a picture for the real object from their service like that 20140508_121402.jpg And more interesting is their explain for the logo, for avoid infringement! Maybe you should keep doing as you do, rely on a good case until find an original battery cover. Good luck!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
yep, asked for a picture for the real object from their service like that View attachment 116974 And more interesting is their explain for the logo, for avoid infringement! Maybe you should keep doing as you do, rely on a good case until find an original battery cover. Good luck!

I'll just be waiting for the Wireless Cover. :)

That's funny - to avoid infringement? Then its not OEM! Lol, its no wonder I avoid those websites. :p

Was that image taken by you? Or them? If by them it seems odd for them to take the image with another product under it. :D