Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default fingerprint scanner freezes

    Can anyone help!?? Sometimes when I go to unlock my s5 with fingerprint scanner it does nothing at all it just freezes it doesn't even say error just totally freezes so then you have to enter your password this is totally cap to this is my second unit and still doing the same thing HELP !!!!

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    Kelly Burby's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    701 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

    Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lawrie View Post
    Can anyone help!?? Sometimes when I go to unlock my s5 with fingerprint scanner it does nothing at all it just freezes it doesn't even say error just totally freezes so then you have to enter your password this is totally cap to this is my second unit and still doing the same thing HELP !!!!

    Posted via Android Central App
    when the fingerprint scanner freezes have you tried locking the device again by pressing the lock button and then again try to use the finger print scanner by using the lock button again??? It some times happens with me too I think this can be considered as bug, as soon as I press the lock button twice the finger scanner starts working again.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

    Is your finger wet? I've noticed that if my finger is just a little damp, the fingerprint sensor will appear to freeze for a little bit. Eventually it does come back.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

    I have tried pressing the lock button to lock it again then restarting the process but still don't work . And no finger is not wet.this is a total let down for a phone I have been waiting for looks like I might have to trade for an m8

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  
    bespinct's Avatar

    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock!

    Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lawrie View Post
    I have tried pressing the lock button to lock it again then restarting the process but still don't work . And no finger is not wet.this is a total let down for a phone I have been waiting for looks like I might have to trade for an m8

    Posted via Android Central App
    I'm sorry you are disappointed. Out of curiosity, why would you move to the M8? Did you choose the S5 strictly because of the thumb scanning? If so, wouldn't the 5S be a better choice when considering the change? It does thumb scanning too.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

    Mine never freezes

    -Sent from Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

    Mine just froze this afternoon. When I turn it on, either the side power button or the home button, it won't show the scan movement of the dots. I even pressed the power button off then on. Didn't work.

    I tried the simpliest thing. Power off. Wait a few minutes. Power on.

    It works now.
  8. #8  
    keri2000's Avatar

    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Fresh

    Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

    Same issue here. It's annoying. I just turned off fingerprint reader altogether and now use pattern to unlock. The glitch does not happen with the pattern. I really hope we get an update soon to fix these glitches. I am creating a list of my issues.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

    I read you can have up to 4 fingerprints. Some used 2 on thumb, then one on 2 other fingers. Have you tried that?

    It's just a gimmick, nothing that I see as breathtaking IMHO. Nice when it works though.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

    Quote Originally Posted by debdroid1a View Post
    I read you can have up to 4 fingerprints. Some used 2 on thumb, then one on 2 other fingers. Have you tried that?

    It's just a gimmick, nothing that I see as breathtaking IMHO. Nice when it works though.

    Posted via Android Central App
    You can actually scan in all 10. When it makes you swipe like 8 times, just use different fingers, doesn't have to be the same one

    -Sent from Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

    Quote Originally Posted by keri2000 View Post
    Same issue here. It's annoying. I just turned off fingerprint reader altogether and now use pattern to unlock. The glitch does not happen with the pattern. I really hope we get an update soon to fix these glitches. I am creating a list of my issues.

    Posted via Android Central App
    A salesman in the store wanted me to try the Fingerprint Reader but I do not like it and want to go back to the swipe to unlock. How do you turn it off? I am on Verizon if that makes a difference.

    Thanks,
    Walter
  12. #12  

    Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

    I have had the same problem but what I did was just delete the fingerprint you have on the phone and then set your phone to pattern or pin then turn your phone off and go back to the fingerprint scanner and set it up all over again. it worked for me hope it works for you, no point on getting a new phone☺ LOL. Please update me if this has helped
  13. #13  

    Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

    How did you reset fingerprint scanner and then
    off so you could reload the fingerprints

Similar Threads

  1. Document scanner app
    By icouldntpossiblycomment in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2014, 04:10 AM
  2. Possible fingerprint scanner?
    By Mac58 in forum LG G3
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-06-2014, 09:07 AM
  3. A trick for the fingerprint scanner.
    By ab304945 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-07-2014, 09:48 PM
  4. S5 Fingerprint scanner and alternative password on lock screen.
    By Majkelo77 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 06:44 PM
  5. Galaxy s4 Active freeze when charging
    By Sten Jensby in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2014, 09:31 AM

Posting Permissions