Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default fingerprint scanner freezes

Can anyone help!?? Sometimes when I go to unlock my s5 with fingerprint scanner it does nothing at all it just freezes it doesn't even say error just totally freezes so then you have to enter your password this is totally cap to this is my second unit and still doing the same thing HELP !!!!

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: fingerprint scanner freezes

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lawrie View Post
    Can anyone help!?? Sometimes when I go to unlock my s5 with fingerprint scanner it does nothing at all it just freezes it doesn't even say error just totally freezes so then you have to enter your password this is totally cap to this is my second unit and still doing the same thing HELP !!!!

when the fingerprint scanner freezes have you tried locking the device again by pressing the lock button and then again try to use the finger print scanner by using the lock button again??? It some times happens with me too I think this can be considered as bug, as soon as I press the lock button twice the finger scanner starts working again.

Is your finger wet? I've noticed that if my finger is just a little damp, the fingerprint sensor will appear to freeze for a little bit. Eventually it does come back.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have tried pressing the lock button to lock it again then restarting the process but still don't work . And no finger is not wet.this is a total let down for a phone I have been waiting for looks like I might have to trade for an m8

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lawrie View Post
    I have tried pressing the lock button to lock it again then restarting the process but still don't work . And no finger is not wet.this is a total let down for a phone I have been waiting for looks like I might have to trade for an m8

I'm sorry you are disappointed. Out of curiosity, why would you move to the M8? Did you choose the S5 strictly because of the thumb scanning? If so, wouldn't the 5S be a better choice when considering the change? It does thumb scanning too.

Mine never freezes

-Sent from Tapatalk

Mine just froze this afternoon. When I turn it on, either the side power button or the home button, it won't show the scan movement of the dots. I even pressed the power button off then on. Didn't work.

I tried the simpliest thing. Power off. Wait a few minutes. Power on.

It works now.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Fresh

Same issue here. It's annoying. I just turned off fingerprint reader altogether and now use pattern to unlock. The glitch does not happen with the pattern. I really hope we get an update soon to fix these glitches. I am creating a list of my issues.

I read you can have up to 4 fingerprints. Some used 2 on thumb, then one on 2 other fingers. Have you tried that?

It's just a gimmick, nothing that I see as breathtaking IMHO. Nice when it works though.

Quote Originally Posted by debdroid1a View Post
    I read you can have up to 4 fingerprints. Some used 2 on thumb, then one on 2 other fingers. Have you tried that?

It's just a gimmick, nothing that I see as breathtaking IMHO. Nice when it works though.

You can actually scan in all 10. When it makes you swipe like 8 times, just use different fingers, doesn't have to be the same one

-Sent from Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by keri2000 View Post
    Same issue here. It's annoying. I just turned off fingerprint reader altogether and now use pattern to unlock. The glitch does not happen with the pattern. I really hope we get an update soon to fix these glitches. I am creating a list of my issues.

A salesman in the store wanted me to try the Fingerprint Reader but I do not like it and want to go back to the swipe to unlock. How do you turn it off? I am on Verizon if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    Walter

I have had the same problem but what I did was just delete the fingerprint you have on the phone and then set your phone to pattern or pin then turn your phone off and go back to the fingerprint scanner and set it up all over again. it worked for me hope it works for you, no point on getting a new phone☺ LOL. Please update me if this has helped

How did you reset fingerprint scanner and then
    off so you could reload the fingerprints