Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car bluetooth issues. Wont auto connect on outgoing calls

So I just bought the S5 a few weeks ago and am having trouble pairing it to my Acura RDX. The previous two droids I had seemed to have no problem with this.
    -The S5 is paired with the car, when an incoming call comes in the phone rings and so does the speakers in my car. I simply just hit the answer button on the steering wheel and it answers the call.

-The problem: So now I want to make a call and this is where the problem occurs. On my previous Droids I would just pull up the contact and click the phone dial button. After doing this the phone audio would automatically bump over to my car speakers as soon as the line started to ring.
    -On the S5 I would go to a contacts name or dial a number and it never kicks over to the car speakers, I have to manually click the bluetooth icon in the corner of the screen every time. Its weird that it works fine for incoming calls, but when placing a call I have to select the bluetooth icon. I'm sure its just a setting somewhere I'm overlooking, but any help would be nice.

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Default Re: Car bluetooth issues. Wont auto connect on outgoing calls

your BT should always be connected whilst in the car why would it disconnect when using the S5 to start calling seems its not accepting hands free mode

Can you initiate call from car oppose to S5 to see if that works ?

I'm seeing the same issue with the Chrysler Uconnect system. However it's not every time that I try an outgoing call. It seems to be about 50%, the issue appears to be in the SCO communication between the phone and the car kit.

Quote Originally Posted by jbuck886 View Post
    So I just bought the S5 a few weeks ago and am having trouble pairing it to my Acura RDX. The previous two droids I had seemed to have no problem with this.
    -The S5 is paired with the car, when an incoming call comes in the phone rings and so does the speakers in my car. I simply just hit the answer button on the steering wheel and it answers the call.

-The problem: So now I want to make a call and this is where the problem occurs. On my previous Droids I would just pull up the contact and click the phone dial button. After doing this the phone audio would automatically bump over to my car speakers as soon as the line started to ring.
    -On the S5 I would go to a contacts name or dial a number and it never kicks over to the car speakers, I have to manually click the bluetooth icon in the corner of the screen every time. Its weird that it works fine for incoming calls, but when placing a call I have to select the bluetooth icon. I'm sure its just a setting somewhere I'm overlooking, but any help would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jbuck886 View Post

I have had this issue with every phone ever used in my Acura TL07. Later Acura models don't have this issue.

I have the same issue with my Dodge. No problems with incoming calls. With outgoing calls the bluetooth disconnets after the second ring. Did not have this problem with any other droids.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Same issues with Uconnect in my Dodge and Jeep. Started when my S3 was updated to Jellybean. Got the S5, same issues with KitKat. It worked as it was supposed to pre Jelly Bean. Be nice if google would acknowlege the issue.

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dgosa View Post
    I have the same issue with my Dodge. No problems with incoming calls. With outgoing calls the bluetooth disconnets after the second ring. Did not have this problem with any other droids.

Same exact thing with my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Same thing with my 2012 jeep liberty. Has anyone been able to solve this problem? Real nice that it is waterproof but if it can't be used hands free in the car it is useless! After some more research, the problem is in the uconnect system in the radio. I will be taking the car to the dealership to see if they can update the firmware on the radio. I really like the phone, and hopefully Jeep can make it function.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

No issues in my 2012 Chevy Cruze. Only used it a few times though.

No problems with my ford focus

Posted via Android Central App

Similar issue here. 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. Incoming calls work fine on S5. However, I can't switch to the car after initiating a call on the phone even when I hit the bluetooth icon on the phone. Pushing the phone button on the steering wheel and trying to dial by number never works. It always offers the call the wrong person. Very frustrating. Would love to hear if anyone has a fix.

No problems in my Ford with Sync.

I had the same issue with my 2014 Dodge and first the Galaxy S4 and now Galaxy S5. I have found that my outgoing calls work fine as long as the phone is active. When the screen is locked (security software from employer) it will not make outgoing calls.

I have a 2014 Chrysler 200 S with Uconnect. I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy S5. I can do everything via bluetooth except make outgoing calls.. Maybe 1 out of 10 will work. I have called Samsung to report this issue and Uconnect. I think if enough of us call maybe something will be done about it quickly.. The number for Uconnect is 1-877-855-8400. I hope this helps everyone!

My note 4 does same thing after 2 rings it disconnects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyd81170 View Post
    My note 4 does same thing after 2 rings it disconnects.
    My galaxy S4 was fine until the latest ATT update..now I can't make out going calls through my Nissan juke. .. anyone got a fix?