Battery Question??

ep70

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone...I am new to the Samsung S family and Android.. Coming from a long line of Blackberry , I am learning something new everyday lol.. I recently purchased the Samsung S5 , and so far I am very happy with it , and still learning everything this thing can do lol. My question is , it seems that my battery is running low rather quickly towards the end of the day . And especially after an updated last week , it seems to be running at 14% by end of day. I am running in the Power Saving mode , but is there something running in the background that I don't know about that may be putting a drain on the battery? I keep all apps closed out when I am not using them. Any thoughts ? And thank you for any advice you may have

mattskr

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone...I am new to the Samsung S family and Android.. Coming from a long line of Blackberry , I am learning something new everyday lol.. I recently purchased the Samsung S5 , and so far I am very happy with it , and still learning everything this thing can do lol. My question is , it seems that my battery is running low rather quickly towards the end of the day . And especially after an updated last week , it seems to be running at 14% by end of day. I am running in the Power Saving mode , but is there something running in the background that I don't know about that may be putting a drain on the battery? I keep all apps closed out when I am not using them. Any thoughts ? And thank you for any advice you may have

When your battery is low, check "Settings -> Battery" and see which apps or services are consuming the most of your battery.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
stop closing out apps when not in use. this does not help, but hurt battery life. Android will close and make ram available as needed. These apps are not running in the background, rather put into closer storage for quicker opening, thus saving battery life. Can you post a screen shot of your battery usage page?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Is this normal battery useage? What is "Android System" and why is it consuming so much of my battery?2014-05-06 00.44.25.jpg2014-05-06 00.44.35.jpg2014-05-06 00.44.25.jpg
stop closing out apps when not in use. this does not help, but hurt battery life. Android will close and make ram available as needed. These apps are not running in the background, rather put into closer storage for quicker opening, thus saving battery life. Can you post a screen shot of your battery usage page?

ep70

May 7, 2014
Visit site
AAhhhhh ok , I will leave the apps open .. I was always closing and opening them .. I'll see how it runs today. Unfortunately I can't post the screen shot because I am on my work computer lol. Thanks for the advice again guys..Psychdoc , my screen looks similar to your batt usage..

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
AAhhhhh ok , I will leave the apps open .. I was always closing and opening them .. I'll see how it runs today. Unfortunately I can't post the screen shot because I am on my work computer lol. Thanks for the advice again guys..Psychdoc , my screen looks similar to your batt usage..

What Pycho said is spot on, also as a wonderful benefit, this will prevent any lag(s) from happening.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
What Pycho said is spot on, also as a wonderful benefit, this will prevent any lag(s) from happening.

I don't think I "said" anything other than to post screen shots of my battery useage and inquire as to whether this was normal or not. What else did you take from my post?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt