Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bassplayrguy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Lightbulb Battery Question??

    Hi everyone...I am new to the Samsung S family and Android.. Coming from a long line of Blackberry , I am learning something new everyday lol.. I recently purchased the Samsung S5 , and so far I am very happy with it , and still learning everything this thing can do lol. My question is , it seems that my battery is running low rather quickly towards the end of the day . And especially after an updated last week , it seems to be running at 14% by end of day. I am running in the Power Saving mode , but is there something running in the background that I don't know about that may be putting a drain on the battery? I keep all apps closed out when I am not using them. Any thoughts ? And thank you for any advice you may have
  2. #2  
    mattskr's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery Question??

    Quote Originally Posted by ep70 View Post
    Hi everyone...I am new to the Samsung S family and Android.. Coming from a long line of Blackberry , I am learning something new everyday lol.. I recently purchased the Samsung S5 , and so far I am very happy with it , and still learning everything this thing can do lol. My question is , it seems that my battery is running low rather quickly towards the end of the day . And especially after an updated last week , it seems to be running at 14% by end of day. I am running in the Power Saving mode , but is there something running in the background that I don't know about that may be putting a drain on the battery? I keep all apps closed out when I am not using them. Any thoughts ? And thank you for any advice you may have
    When your battery is low, check "Settings -> Battery" and see which apps or services are consuming the most of your battery.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Battery Question??

    stop closing out apps when not in use. this does not help, but hurt battery life. Android will close and make ram available as needed. These apps are not running in the background, rather put into closer storage for quicker opening, thus saving battery life. Can you post a screen shot of your battery usage page?
    WhiteiPadMini likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Battery Question??

    Is this normal battery useage? What is "Android System" and why is it consuming so much of my battery?Battery Question??-2014-05-06-00.44.25.jpgBattery Question??-2014-05-06-00.44.35.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-06 00.44.25.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	116858
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrguy View Post
    stop closing out apps when not in use. this does not help, but hurt battery life. Android will close and make ram available as needed. These apps are not running in the background, rather put into closer storage for quicker opening, thus saving battery life. Can you post a screen shot of your battery usage page?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Battery Question??

    AAhhhhh ok , I will leave the apps open .. I was always closing and opening them .. I'll see how it runs today. Unfortunately I can't post the screen shot because I am on my work computer lol. Thanks for the advice again guys..Psychdoc , my screen looks similar to your batt usage..
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Battery Question??

    Quote Originally Posted by ep70 View Post
    AAhhhhh ok , I will leave the apps open .. I was always closing and opening them .. I'll see how it runs today. Unfortunately I can't post the screen shot because I am on my work computer lol. Thanks for the advice again guys..Psychdoc , my screen looks similar to your batt usage..
    What Pycho said is spot on, also as a wonderful benefit, this will prevent any lag(s) from happening.
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Battery Question??

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    What Pycho said is spot on, also as a wonderful benefit, this will prevent any lag(s) from happening.
    I don't think I "said" anything other than to post screen shots of my battery useage and inquire as to whether this was normal or not. What else did you take from my post?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Battery Question??

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    I don't think I "said" anything other than to post screen shots of my battery useage and inquire as to whether this was normal or not. What else did you take from my post?
    My apologies. I meant Bassplayer.
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 82
    Last Post: 08-09-2014, 07:07 AM
  2. New OEM batteries on ebay, real or not?
    By 3rdpig in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 01:39 AM
  3. File Moving Question
    By navallint in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 04:54 AM
  4. Loose battery cover
    By Eclipse2K in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 12:33 AM
  5. Snapdragon Battery Guru ??
    By Jalopiejoe in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 11:00 PM

Posting Permissions