I could have sworn I had read somewhere a few weeks ago about how I could prevent the phone from navigating while I'm watching a video. At the time I didn't pay much attention because it wasn't an issue for me. Now I'm getting frustrated with when I accidentally touch a button on the phone (seems this phone is super sensitive) while watching a video, it keeps going out and I have to start from the beginning after going back in again. Very annoying. Anyone else?
    Thanks in advance for your help. Lisa
    05-07-2014 09:26 AM
    Try hitting the power button while video is playing? That was the way to lock it on the S4.
    05-07-2014 09:28 AM
    Try hitting the power button while video is playing? That was the way to lock it on the S4.
    Thanks for your quick replay and suggestion. I did try it and unfortunately it didn't work. When I hit the power button it makes the whole screen blackout and freeze and I have to hit the home button and unlock again. UGH.
    05-07-2014 09:33 AM
    Well now I'm interested to know how to do this as well. I used that feature a lot on my S4.
    05-07-2014 09:47 AM
    Well now I'm interested to know how to do this as well. I used that feature a lot on my S4.
    I was just reading a thread from a while ago that the same thing was happening to users on the S3. Hitting the power button created a black screen and would have to unlock phone and go back into the video. Maybe you were one of the lucky ones...
    05-07-2014 09:52 AM
    I just pulled up a video from my gallery and while it was playing I hit the power button and a lock came on the screen. So it works from gallery but not sure about youtube. Are you referring to online video?
    05-07-2014 09:57 AM
    I use MX player pro to watch my videos and it allows you to lock the screen when watching videos.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    debdroid1a likes this.
    05-07-2014 10:01 AM
    I just pulled up a video from my gallery and while it was playing I hit the power button and a lock came on the screen. So it works from gallery but not sure about youtube. Are you referring to online video?
    Yes, sorry I wasn't clear about that. I was completely referring to online videos...youtube, FB , etc....

- - - Updated - - -

I use MX player pro to watch my videos and it allows you to lock the screen when watching videos.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    Does that app work with online videos?
    05-07-2014 10:03 AM
    i have a 3 year old niece who like watching frozen on my tablet and she keep pressing the back button, is there anyway I can lock the buttons?? Samsung tablet E
    10-15-2016 03:00 AM