What is going on with my battery?

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't make sense, I didn't use my phone until recently and boom my battery was drained. Any ideas?

u4e7u2u6.jpg

ryga3ana.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Live wall paper? Batteries have their good days and bad for sure....it does seem like every Android phone I have had has taken a few weeks to "adjust" or whatever. I unplugged mine yesterday at 7am and at 7pm it was 75% or so.....I've had it off charger today for 8 hours and it's at 65% but I am running a live wall paper today, have no idea if that's draining that much more. Probably is.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Live wall paper? Batteries have their good days and bad for sure....it does seem like every Android phone I have had has taken a few weeks to "adjust" or whatever. I unplugged mine yesterday at 7am and at 7pm it was 75% or so.....I've had it off charger today for 8 hours and it's at 65% but I am running a live wall paper today, have no idea if that's draining that much more. Probably is.

I am running Nova Launcher, no live wallpaper or anything. I am in a place with good reception also so not sure what is going on but thats insanely awful battery.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree....how long have you had the phone? Has it been like this the entire time? Also I notice there's a lot of icons on the left side of your phone showing...what apps are those?

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree....how long have you had the phone? Has it been like this the entire time? Also I notice there's a lot of icons on the left side of your phone showing...what apps are those?

The icons on the top left are tasker, wifi being found, a missed call, and showing my phone is connected to the Gear 2 Neo.

No it hasnt been this bad, its never been great but not this awful lol.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Did it maybe update a bunch of apps or something? Wish I could be more helpful. I mean...it's gotta be something ya know. Yesterday I had a GREAT battery day. Today meh....lol....All in all though, it's an all day battery - which is the first for me.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
You may have a defective Battery. Have you run the battery down until the device turns it self off to calibrate the accurate reading of the battery? If it still does it, then there is something wrong with the battery and you may need to get the battery replaced.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
When you don't use the phone like at night when sleeping, use TWO fingers to swipe down and then tap UPS. Battery performance will soar and almost no juice will be used while you are away from your phone.

So far I've gotten SIX days on the first cycle with 4:47 screen time and 21:44 battery time and then FOUR day with 3:20 screen time and 19:37 battery time.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
So I just went into gsam battery and that said the screen was on way longer. Here is the screen shot from that.

2uqepyjy.jpg

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
When you don't use the phone like at night when sleeping, use TWO fingers to swipe down and then tap UPS. Battery performance will soar and almost no juice will be used while you are away from your phone.

So far I've gotten SIX days on the first cycle with 4:47 screen time and 21:44 battery time and then FOUR day with 3:20 screen time and 19:37 battery time.

I charge my phone at night so that's not a big deal.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, it's an all day battery and that's the bottom line. BUT, you and I both are curious why all of a sudden one day, our battery life is bad. Yesterday I got to work and I was at 99%, it's a 30 minute drive. Today I got to work and 91%. *Shrugs*

Seeker4

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Biggest drain on my phone is GPS, which I use both for tracking auto use and for tracking hiking. If some app using the GPS seemingly gets stuck running, the battery will last less than a day. If not using the GPS, it will last about 3 days in my use. When I see that happening (and confirm with a very steep discharge curve in GSam), I just reboot the phone and seems to take it back to normal. Long phone calls (using T-Mobile wi-fi calling) also drains the battery rapidly, probably more quickly than GPS but I use GPS more than wi-fi calling.

I generally charge the battery every second day, sooner sometimes. I'm waiting for Samsung to release the wireless charging back to make recharging easier.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Biggest drain on my phone is GPS, which I use both for tracking auto use and for tracking hiking. If some app using the GPS seemingly gets stuck running, the battery will last less than a day. If not using the GPS, it will last about 3 days in my use. When I see that happening (and confirm with a very steep discharge curve in GSam), I just reboot the phone and seems to take it back to normal. Long phone calls (using T-Mobile wi-fi calling) also drains the battery rapidly, probably more quickly than GPS but I use GPS more than wi-fi calling.

I generally charge the battery every second day, sooner sometimes. I'm waiting for Samsung to release the wireless charging back to make recharging easier.

Holy crap I definitely have to recharge my phone nightly which is fine. The problem is I hadnt touched my phone at all today until lunch and checked and it was at 60%. I literally unplugged it at 100% from my commute to work, walked in, set it down, and drained to 60% by lunch. Thats awful. I switched to ART last night and I wonder if that may have something to do with it....

Seeker4

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
You might want to check Google Location Reporting and see if it is off. Location reporting can use both GPS resources and data resources to keep updating your location in Google's records.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
That can contribute, yes. Most people claim better battery under ART but sometimes an app will behave strangely and you'll need to clear your cache.

But that Android System. When my phone is running right that goes less than 5% of system power drain.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
You might want to check Google Location Reporting and see if it is off. Location reporting can use both GPS resources and data resources to keep updating your location in Google's records.

I have google location reporting off. I am going to see what happens the next few days. I really want the Verizon version to be rooted so I can mess with it...