Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Lynx's Avatar

    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts

    Default What is going on with my battery?

    This doesn't make sense, I didn't use my phone until recently and boom my battery was drained. Any ideas?







    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Are you using any anti virus, lookout, app killers, ram cleaners etc?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Lynx's Avatar

    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Nope.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Live wall paper? Batteries have their good days and bad for sure....it does seem like every Android phone I have had has taken a few weeks to "adjust" or whatever. I unplugged mine yesterday at 7am and at 7pm it was 75% or so.....I've had it off charger today for 8 hours and it's at 65% but I am running a live wall paper today, have no idea if that's draining that much more. Probably is.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Lynx's Avatar

    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    Live wall paper? Batteries have their good days and bad for sure....it does seem like every Android phone I have had has taken a few weeks to "adjust" or whatever. I unplugged mine yesterday at 7am and at 7pm it was 75% or so.....I've had it off charger today for 8 hours and it's at 65% but I am running a live wall paper today, have no idea if that's draining that much more. Probably is.
    I am running Nova Launcher, no live wallpaper or anything. I am in a place with good reception also so not sure what is going on but thats insanely awful battery.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    I agree....how long have you had the phone? Has it been like this the entire time? Also I notice there's a lot of icons on the left side of your phone showing...what apps are those?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    What is going on with my battery?-screenshot_2014-05-07-15-18-55.jpg

    for comparison....
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Lynx's Avatar

    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    I agree....how long have you had the phone? Has it been like this the entire time? Also I notice there's a lot of icons on the left side of your phone showing...what apps are those?
    The icons on the top left are tasker, wifi being found, a missed call, and showing my phone is connected to the Gear 2 Neo.

    No it hasnt been this bad, its never been great but not this awful lol.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Did it maybe update a bunch of apps or something? Wish I could be more helpful. I mean...it's gotta be something ya know. Yesterday I had a GREAT battery day. Today meh....lol....All in all though, it's an all day battery - which is the first for me.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    You may have a defective Battery. Have you run the battery down until the device turns it self off to calibrate the accurate reading of the battery? If it still does it, then there is something wrong with the battery and you may need to get the battery replaced.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T
  11. #11  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    When you don't use the phone like at night when sleeping, use TWO fingers to swipe down and then tap UPS. Battery performance will soar and almost no juice will be used while you are away from your phone.

    So far I've gotten SIX days on the first cycle with 4:47 screen time and 21:44 battery time and then FOUR day with 3:20 screen time and 19:37 battery time.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Lynx's Avatar

    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    So I just went into gsam battery and that said the screen was on way longer. Here is the screen shot from that.



    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Lynx's Avatar

    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
    When you don't use the phone like at night when sleeping, use TWO fingers to swipe down and then tap UPS. Battery performance will soar and almost no juice will be used while you are away from your phone.

    So far I've gotten SIX days on the first cycle with 4:47 screen time and 21:44 battery time and then FOUR day with 3:20 screen time and 19:37 battery time.
    I charge my phone at night so that's not a big deal.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    WhiteiPadMini likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Exactly, it's an all day battery and that's the bottom line. BUT, you and I both are curious why all of a sudden one day, our battery life is bad. Yesterday I got to work and I was at 99%, it's a 30 minute drive. Today I got to work and 91%. *Shrugs*
  15. #15  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Biggest drain on my phone is GPS, which I use both for tracking auto use and for tracking hiking. If some app using the GPS seemingly gets stuck running, the battery will last less than a day. If not using the GPS, it will last about 3 days in my use. When I see that happening (and confirm with a very steep discharge curve in GSam), I just reboot the phone and seems to take it back to normal. Long phone calls (using T-Mobile wi-fi calling) also drains the battery rapidly, probably more quickly than GPS but I use GPS more than wi-fi calling.

    I generally charge the battery every second day, sooner sometimes. I'm waiting for Samsung to release the wireless charging back to make recharging easier.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Lynx's Avatar

    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker4 View Post
    Biggest drain on my phone is GPS, which I use both for tracking auto use and for tracking hiking. If some app using the GPS seemingly gets stuck running, the battery will last less than a day. If not using the GPS, it will last about 3 days in my use. When I see that happening (and confirm with a very steep discharge curve in GSam), I just reboot the phone and seems to take it back to normal. Long phone calls (using T-Mobile wi-fi calling) also drains the battery rapidly, probably more quickly than GPS but I use GPS more than wi-fi calling.

    I generally charge the battery every second day, sooner sometimes. I'm waiting for Samsung to release the wireless charging back to make recharging easier.
    Holy crap I definitely have to recharge my phone nightly which is fine. The problem is I hadnt touched my phone at all today until lunch and checked and it was at 60%. I literally unplugged it at 100% from my commute to work, walked in, set it down, and drained to 60% by lunch. Thats awful. I switched to ART last night and I wonder if that may have something to do with it....
  17. #17  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    You might want to check Google Location Reporting and see if it is off. Location reporting can use both GPS resources and data resources to keep updating your location in Google's records.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    That can contribute, yes. Most people claim better battery under ART but sometimes an app will behave strangely and you'll need to clear your cache.

    But that Android System. When my phone is running right that goes less than 5% of system power drain.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Lynx's Avatar

    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker4 View Post
    You might want to check Google Location Reporting and see if it is off. Location reporting can use both GPS resources and data resources to keep updating your location in Google's records.
    I have google location reporting off. I am going to see what happens the next few days. I really want the Verizon version to be rooted so I can mess with it...
  20. #20  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Are you often in an area that has poor reception? If the signal is weak, the phone will be searching for a signal all the time and I find that can really drain the battery fast.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    Lynx's Avatar

    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,220 Global Posts

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by icouldntpossiblycomment View Post
    Are you often in an area that has poor reception? If the signal is weak, the phone will be searching for a signal all the time and I find that can really drain the battery fast.
    No I even mentioned I had great reception all day.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    You shouldn't have be seeing battery problems with this phone....

    What is going on with my battery?-screenshot_2014-05-08-12-40-26.jpg
  23. #23  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    After a 10 hour day (work plus travel time) I should still be in the 90's when I get home and in the 80's when I got to bed. Might not even charge my phone until tomorrow night.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    maybe turning off apps that you don't use so that it won't run in the background. that also helps!
  25. #25  

    Default Re: What is going on with my battery?

    Quote Originally Posted by ickymini View Post
    maybe turning off apps that you don't use so that it won't run in the background. that also helps!
    I've found that keeping all apps open, not clearing cache or ram helps the battery more so.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is Note 3 worthwhile upgrade from Note 2?
    By Lefty Drummer in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 11:43 PM
  2. SHOCK: Battery drain 400% worse LTE (I found out why!)
    By pcguys in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 03:42 PM
  3. Gaming on the 2013 vs 2012?
    By Jason Daniels2 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 12:47 PM
  4. My phone welded the charger :- /
    By dennador in forum Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 12:15 AM
  5. updated for what today?
    By ltfm in forum Samsung Galaxy S II
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2014, 03:44 PM

Posting Permissions