Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By juudje
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Is there anyway to fix it? How much would it cost?

I think my Samsung Galaxy s5 Amoled display got damaged. Is there anyway to fix it? How much would it cost?-20140507_161829.jpg

Is there anyway to fix it? Where to fix it? How much would it cost to get fixed?

Thanks

Default Re: Is there anyway to fix it? How much would it cost?

That looks bad. How long have you had the phone? Did you drop it or have a tremendous amount of weight on it or what?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jackson View Post
    That looks bad. How long have you had the phone? Did you drop it or have a tremendous amount of weight on it or what?
    It doesn't have any eternal damage, only internal. Everything works just fine except for the Amoled Display.

How did you do it? Until we ascertain that it will be difficult to diagnose
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by tomothy94 View Post
    How did you do it? Until we ascertain that it will be difficult to diagnose
    I spilled 91% alcohol on it.

If I remember correctly, you posted something about how your phone not being able to read the sim card, and I remember reading that you used some sort of alcohol to clean it to see if that would fix it. Why would you want to use that to fix it? By fixing one thing, you made it worse. You had warranty on it and if you had it within your return period, you could have easily returned it and get a new one instead of trying to fix it yourself, as you have attempted and it made it worse.

Contact Samsung Support and see how much it would cost to get the screen replaced.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Arctic Blue)
    Successfully ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black) - AT&T
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteiPadMini View Post
    If I remember correctly, you posted something about how your phone not being able to read the sim card, and I remember reading that you used some sort of alcohol to clean it to see if that would fix it. Why would you want to use that to fix it? By fixing one thing, you made it worse. You had warranty on it and if you had it within your return period, you could have easily returned it and get a new one instead of trying to fix it yourself, as you have attempted and it made it worse.

Contact Samsung Support and see how much it would cost to get the screen replaced.
    I feel so dumb now. I called them 3 times and asked them for the price, 2 times they said that it cost $160 to replace, the thirst time they said that I have to send them the phone so they can check it and tell me the cost to get it fixed. I looked up on the internet for the replacement part of the display, the cheapest one that I can find is $179, how can it cost $160 to replace?

Quote Originally Posted by khainguyen97 View Post
    I feel so dumb now. I called them 3 times and asked them for the price, 2 times they said that it cost $160 to replace, the thirst time they said that I have to send them the phone so they can check it and tell me the cost to get it fixed. I looked up on the internet for the replacement part of the display, the cheapest one that I can find is $179, how can it cost $160 to replace?
    Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900 (International) Replacement Parts

You can visit the link. This is if you want to do it yourself. If there is a phone repair store near you, I would try that place first.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteiPadMini View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900 (International) Replacement Parts

You can visit the link. This is if you want to do it yourself. If there is a phone repair store near you, I would try that place first.
    Why does it has only 386 ppi pixel density? but the original is 432 - Samsung GALAXY S5

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

It's called labor . The phone can't fix it it's self . It's got no handssssss .

Quote Originally Posted by khainguyen97 View Post
    Yeah, it's a good guess. The Galaxy S5 is too new that all the replacements keep the high price. I suppose $160 isn't enough, because you not only need a new LCD screen, the one i found is already about $176 LCD with Digitizer for Galaxy S5 G900F - Witrigs.com, but you need another new adhesive. Plus cost of labor, it will be a low-cost ticket. Good luck to you! Also keep us update if you repair it no matter yourself or send to repair.

It's expensive to fix because the glass is fused with the amoled display

Why don't you just warranty it and say it came like that?

-Sent from Tapatalk
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    It's expensive to fix because the glass is fused with the amoled display

Why don't you just warranty it and say it came like that?

-Sent from Tapatalk
    Warranty doesn't cover water damage and rooted phone

How much alcohol did you spill on it? I find it quite worrying really as i feel like anyone could spill alcohol on their device. I have also used alcohol screen cleaning wipes, is this a bad thing to use? they came with a screen protector made for the phone

Quote Originally Posted by tomothy94 View Post
    How much alcohol did you spill on it? I find it quite worrying really as i feel like anyone could spill alcohol on their device. I have also used alcohol screen cleaning wipes, is this a bad thing to use? they came with a screen protector made for the phone
    The alcohol screen cleaning wipes (one that comes with the screen protector) are fine as they are soaked in a paper towel. However using a bottle may be a different story, and whether it was spilled directly onto the device itself.

i read it before and also here? you have guaranty for a small amount of time to get a new phone when something is wrong? this they didn't tell me here in turkey and im from the Netherlands but also not there i think.. that would be a great option by a phone like this.because than i could return my phone because of his freaking way with a drop or water and ask a new one lol.. but i think a few weeks i will lose my phone.. good luck with reaparing your phone.
    khainguyen97 likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by juudje View Post
    i read it before and also here? you have guaranty for a small amount of time to get a new phone when something is wrong? this they didn't tell me here in turkey and im from the Netherlands but also not there i think.. that would be a great option by a phone like this.because than i could return my phone because of his freaking way with a drop or water and ask a new one lol.. but i think a few weeks i will lose my phone.. good luck with reaparing your phone.
    Thanks, I will send my phone to samsung to repair. I hope I only pay $160, just like what they said.

do you have insurance on the phone? May cost you a couple dollars more but you wouldn't be without the phone.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrguy View Post
    do you have insurance on the phone? May cost you a couple dollars more but you wouldn't be without the phone.
    No :/