Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Unlock Screen and ads comes on everytime unlock screen... Help!

Every time I unlock my Galaxy S5, the first thing comes up is an ADS and I could not figure out how to get rid of it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Default Re: Unlock Screen and ads comes on everytime unlock screen... Help!

DELETE all the games, useless apps, etc...its usually from an app you downloaded.

- - - Updated - - -

also check what is running with a task manager before deleting everythign

Default Re: Unlock Screen and ads comes on everytime unlock screen... Help!

This happened 9 my daughter's galaxy tab. Turned out to be a program called "Selena Gomez dress up". I think it can be anything. I tracked it down using lookouts ad network scanner, which didn't do much but list all of the apps that use ad networks. This one was using MoPub. I deleted apps one at a time starting with the sketchiest sounding and tried putting the tab into standby and then unlocking after each one. The difference was immediate and obvious when I found it. I'm not 100 percent sure, but the ad network scanner seemed to show more programs than my apps in Google play store. Good lucThis happened 9 my daughter's galaxy tab. Turned out to be a program called "Selena Gomez dress up". I think it can be anything. I tracked it down using lookouts ad network scanner, which didn't do much but list all of the apps that use ad networks. This one was using MoPub. I deleted apps one at a time starting with the sketchiest sounding and tried putting the tab into standby and then unlocking after each one. The difference was immediate and obvious when I found it. I'm not 100 percent sure, but the ad network scanner seemed to show more programs than my apps in Google play store. Good luck. Just uninstall things one at a time until you find it. Make a list of what you uninstall if you don't want to forget.
    k. Just uninstall things one at a time until you find it. Make a list of what you uninstall if you don't want to forget.