- 1 Posts
Cannot get email notifications turned off
I have a Galaxy S5 on Verizon. I currently use the gmail app for my personal email and the email service on the phone for my work email. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to turn off notifications for the work email. They show up in both the status bar and as the number of emails I have on the email icon. I have tried going to settings through the email app itself, and I think I have unchecked everything there. I have also tried going through application manager. When I go through the application manager, there is a box to check that says "show notifications", but it's checked and will not let me UNcheck it.
I've googled and looked through the forums, so apologies if I'm missing an easy answer, but this is driving me crazy. Thanks for the help!
- 05-07-2014, 07:46 PM #2
Re: Cannot get email notifications turned off
I think the notification settings are set up in the app itself. I used the stock app for a short time before going back to Touchdown and I'm pretty sure I was able to disable notifications. I don't know of it removed the count on the icon though, I didn't keep the app on my home screen.
Posted via Android Central App
- By mushie143 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 05-13-2014, 11:06 AM
- By spikespead in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 05-12-2014, 05:33 PM
- By Attyize in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 05-08-2014, 12:56 PM
- By GAMESHARQ in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 05-07-2014, 05:44 PM
- By justlaxin13 in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 1Last Post: 05-07-2014, 02:08 PM