***FIX*** Unfortunately, Samsung Link has stopped working.... indefinitely.

theironblitz

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
This is for the Galaxy S5 with the most current updates only. It may work (and I hope it does!) with other updates or models but I cannot guarantee that.

It repeatedly pops up "Unfortunately, Samsung Link has stopped working." When you click OK or Report, it pops up the same error again and again and again....indefinitely. You get the point. And It appears that it's an app that's pre-installed or automatically updated/downloaded when you buy the phone new. I certainly never had it in "My Apps" on my S4 Active....

***Here's the Fix***

Between the error popping up literally every second, and you clicking OK, you can use the phone normally. You must be quick with your fingers... lol. And you get the hang of the absurd process after the first minute or so.

1. Click your multi-window button, click the pie-chart and "End all" applications.
2. Pull down your notifications tab. It's the only place safe from this bug.
3. Click settings, in the top right corner.
4. Scroll down to Application Manager and click it. It's located in the Applications subgroup at the bottom of the menu.
5. Where it says DOWNLOADED and SD CARD at the top of the screen, scroll right until you get to "RUNNING". Ensure it says "Show cached processes" in the top right corner. If it doesn't, just click it til it does.
6. Somewhere in that menu.... I found it near the top of that menu on my phone.... there will be a process called "Samsung Link" that will repeatedly appear and disappear. It is fiendishly good at hiding but I PROMISE you, it is there. And sometimes it's rather slow at reappearing, so look carefully.
7. Click it. Try to hit Stop on either processes contained within then hit OK. It keeps failing and disappearing, so you must be persistent. Repeat..... I promise you this works. I tried many many times to end the upper process, but it seems Stop on the lower process did the job.

**You will IMMEDIATELY know when you were successful. Crack a beer at this point, if you're over 21.**

8. Uninstall Samsung Link.
9. Curse Samsung for their incompetence.

Cheers, mates!
-Flea

Adam Bluett

May 9, 2014
Visit site
This is for the Galaxy S5 with the most current updates only. It may work (and I hope it does!) with other updates or models but I cannot guarantee that.

It repeatedly pops up "Unfortunately, Samsung Link has stopped working." When you click OK or Report, it pops up the same error again and again and again....indefinitely. You get the point. And It appears that it's an app that's pre-installed or automatically updated/downloaded when you buy the phone new. I certainly never had it in "My Apps" on my S4 Active....

***Here's the Fix***

Between the error popping up literally every second, and you clicking OK, you can use the phone normally. You must be quick with your fingers... lol. And you get the hang of the absurd process after the first minute or so.

1. Click your multi-window button, click the pie-chart and "End all" applications.
2. Pull down your notifications tab. It's the only place safe from this bug.
3. Click settings, in the top right corner.
4. Scroll down to Application Manager and click it. It's located in the Applications subgroup at the bottom of the menu.
5. Where it says DOWNLOADED and SD CARD at the top of the screen, scroll right until you get to "RUNNING". Ensure it says "Show cached processes" in the top right corner. If it doesn't, just click it til it does.
6. Somewhere in that menu.... I found it near the top of that menu on my phone.... there will be a process called "Samsung Link" that will repeatedly appear and disappear. It is fiendishly good at hiding but I PROMISE you, it is there. And sometimes it's rather slow at reappearing, so look carefully.
7. Click it. Try to hit Stop on either processes contained within then hit OK. It keeps failing and disappearing, so you must be persistent. Repeat..... I promise you this works. I tried many many times to end the upper process, but it seems Stop on the lower process did the job.

**You will IMMEDIATELY know when you were successful. Crack a beer at this point, if you're over 21.**

8. Uninstall Samsung Link.
9. Curse Samsung for their incompetence.

Cheers, mates!
-Flea

My phone was fine but my other half just got hers and had this problem. I simply went to the app screen pressed menu then selected uninstall. A little 'minus' symbol appears next to all app's and press the one next to samsung link and it'll uninstall it. Problem solved and much easier than above method. You do still need to do it between the warning popping up though

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Is this the Samsung Link Platform?
What is Samsung Billing? There is so many thing on this phone and I have no idea what they are for or if they are needed and should I close/unstall?

Michelle Line

May 9, 2014
Visit site
OMG! Thanks so much!!!!

I couldn't get the Stop to work in the Application Manager, but did find it in the App and uninstalled it. THANK YOU! I just bought the Galaxy Pro 12.2 tablet w/ 64GB... wasn't cheap. I wasn't happy to have this start right away. I have 4 other Samsung mobile devices and love them all. Never had a problem with any of them, so was rather shocked when this kept happening. Thanks! Is this Samsung Link something that will need to be used? I hope not.

Sarah Maguire

May 16, 2014
Visit site
My phone was fine but my other half just got hers and had this problem. I simply went to the app screen pressed menu then selected uninstall. A little 'minus' symbol appears next to all app's and press the one next to samsung link and it'll uninstall it. Problem solved and much easier than above method. You do still need to do it between the warning popping up though

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I received delivery of my s5 on Tuesday and it had this problem. Three were no use to me and had a new phone sent out today instead of simple advice. The replacement phone had the exact same problem and I was told on the phone I would have to wait until Monday to speak to someone. I tried the first really long solution on here and it didn't work, then I saw your response and 2 minutes later I have a fully working phone.
Just a warning to anyone else going through this though, be watchful in the minutes following as my phone attempted to automatically download samsung link again! Cancelled it and all seems perfect now

bigjeff5

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
It's Android's fault that it's looping, not Samsung's. Any Android app that is supposed to be always running that, for whatever reason, crashes on startup will loop like this. I had this happen with ES File explorer after an update to one component wasn't handled well by the app and made it unstable.

There should be an option in that popup to tell Android not to automatically restart the app, or it should just not restart the app if you hit Report or something. I should never be in a position where I can't use my phone because of a popup that won't go away. That is 100% Android's failing, and it has been that way for YEARS even though it's incredibly stupid that it isn't an option. This crash issue should not be an issue. It's entirely Android's fault that it is.