Thanks to this forum I'm having a rocking good time with my S5

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I basically came in a noob with an S5 that was a bit buggy and had lag. Then I started asking some questions and reading some posts and came to understand the Android system and how I didn't need app killer and free ram is useless ram. Linux based systems work the opposite of Android....did not know that until recently. My phone now is lag free and is as fast if not faster than any other phone out there. Battery life is awesome. I am at 95% right now after 5 hours on the phone.

Just wanted to thank all of you guys out there.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
What are you doing to get that type of battery life?

Black home screen and locations off when not needed. That and not clearing ram or cache so all apps are open so phone doesn't have to work to do anything.

I had a live wallpaper and I lost 30% in 6 hours yesterday...so yeah....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad we can help! This is exactly why we have these forums :). Can't beat real people assisting with issues. :D

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Now you should go to XDA where the real experts are to rooting and ROMing your phone (if you're into that kind of stuff)!

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh I see what you're saying, I have sent 5 texts and received 4, checked the weather and stuff. No, I am not using it much, that for sure helps lol. But even when I do, in a 17 hour day using it for 2-3 hours on spotify using a bluetooth speaker and using it for facebook and all that I will still be around 40-50%, which would last until the next day.

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
No like, when you're on the battery screen, click on the thing that says screen, and on that page it says screen on time

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
i was gonna say that sounded crazy...that said on moderate to heavy use i wake up at 8:30am and i still have 10-20% battery if i make it to 2am.....thats all that matters to me a full days use

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
My point was it's an all day battery. I'm hearing from some people that they have to put their phone on a charger up to 3 times a day and that's not right lol.