New contact put in contact list, is visible for short time then disappears. Help.

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi;
I put a new contact in the contact app/list.
Example of the beginning of my list:
1 Smith John
2 Jones Bill
3 Kelly Jan

I put it into the contact list this way so that they will always show at the top of my list (the rest of the contacts are in alphabetical order):

First Name: John
Last name: 1 Smith

I then open the list and 1Smith John is at the top of the list but after a few minutes this contact disappears from the list.

The others are still there and were created on my old android phone before the S5.

Where is it disappearing to? Is the app syncing and losing it?

Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi;
I put a new contact in the contact app/list.
Example of the beginning of my list:
1 Smith John
2 Jones Bill
3 Kelly Jan

I put it into the contact list this way so that they will always show at the top of my list (the rest of the contacts are in alphabetical order):

First Name: John
Last name: 1 Smith

I then open the list and 1Smith John is at the top of the list but after a few minutes this contact disappears from the list.

The others are still there and were created on my old android phone before the S5.

Where is it disappearing to? Is the app syncing and losing it?

Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Are you saving new contacts to sim but have set display not to show sim contacts ?

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi;
Thank you for your response. I have tried to access and activate all accounts in contacts set up that I had in my old phone.
I put the contact in again and it has stayed so far.
I am not sure why/where it was going.
I think that when the phone would sync it went into one of the accounts and deleted from the phone due to some setting but I'm not sure which one.
At least it is still there but I won't know what account was causing this.
Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol