Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can your Device play .mkv files?

Hi All

I am having trouble with MKV files, some of them play fine and then some of them don't, anyone know why this might be? Seems to be if i re-add them to the device they work but i have to do it one at a time.

Also is anybody using VLC player at all, I was using it but it doesn't seem to be able to pick up any files that are on the micro SD. I can't get it to work even if i input a new directory. I don't mind as i am using the standard player and it does seem to play some MKV files fine as above - its a bit confusing. any ideas?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Can your Device play .mkv files?

Just realised I had usb debugging turned off, could this cause the files to corrupt on the way over?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Can your Device play .mkv files?

Okay, so now, I've realised that it seems like they don't play if i transfer them to my SD card from my PC. Also notice that the transfer speed to the SD from PC is significantly longer than the internal memory. Its a samsung card.

When i put them on the device and then transfer them to the card on android file manager, they play fine. anyone know what might be happening?