Verizon s5 text message blocking possible?

drew7981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
iirc the s3 had a feature to send messages from certain people to a spam folder, thereby making it seem like that person was essentially blocked. I thought I saw a review of the s5 online that did show this feature still carried over, but then found that one couldn't. Is it indeed possible to block text messages from the phone or did Verizon pull yet another bonehead move and screw us unfortunates over?

ziva2006

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Drew, go to the stock text messaging app, open the menu in upper right of screen, choose select from the list, then check mark the contact you'd like to add to your spam list, you should now see either the trash bin or a circle with hash mark through it in upper right corner, choose the circle with the hash mark. It should now inform you that the contact has been added to your Spam Folder, which you shouldn't receive anymore notifications for.

The same cam be done when on the call log list, only it is then added to the Reject Call list.

Hope that helps, let us know.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

drew7981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if I have a defective phone. The only thing I have when I click on the menu is 'select' then when I do that, if I chose on someone, it only gives me the save message/trash can options. Nothing which you are describing. Did the asshats at Verizon gimp yet another feature out of the phone?

Ynnuendo1991

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
azegeqa5.jpg

You don't see this ? Even if you scroll down?

drew7981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I think verizon gimped the phone. That option doesn't exist even there either. God sometimes I wish tmo, sprint, and everyone else had their coverage. This is bogus with them doing that.

Posted via Android Central App

DevalLovesCons

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Verizon f***d it up.
You have to switch to Verizon messaging app(which I don't want to do for many reasons) or go with a 3rd party app. Those 3rd party sms blocking apps all SUCK! Someone like me may just want to block 1 person and maybe only for a month or longer.

jroachsf

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I thought it was just me. I was able to figure out the blocking for calls but it was not through the circle crossed out which doesn't exist. I went to Settings-Call-Call Rejection-Auto Reject list- then manually entered the number I wanted auto rejected.

nap416

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a question in regards to blocking.... If you block someone what happens on their end? Does the phone still ring for them and then goes to voicemail? And if you block texts...will they know you have them blocked?
Thanks

legimpresn

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung S5 messaging app (for texts) does not have a "Spam folder" setting or feature. Is this something that can be added? Found elsewhere? How do I block or mark as spam "text messges" ?

legimpresn

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I cannot find the "Call" part of your "Settings-Call-Call Rejection-Auto Reject list - " can you tell me in Settings where this is?

I too am unable to block texts from the messaging app.

legimpresn

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I thought it was just me. I was able to figure out the blocking for calls but it was not through the circle crossed out which doesn't exist. I went to Settings-Call-Call Rejection-Auto Reject list- then manually entered the number I wanted auto rejected.

I cannot find the "Call" part of your "Settings-Call-Call Rejection-Auto Reject list - " can you tell me in Settings where this is?

I too am unable to block texts from the messaging app.

Tonia Smith2

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
When I follow the instruction you give, I do not have a circle with a hash mark. All I have is the garbage bin and a save file... I cannot seem to find any spam options anywhere. I have updated to the lollipop. Could that possibly be why I can't block any texts now? It's driving me nuts!! So far I am NOT impressed with lollipop!

Al Simon

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Yes they did. Verizon did something very small, removed one feature from the Samsung App. The only reason was to make you consider using the Verizon messaging App that is also on the phone, and has features that cause you to pay more monthly. Including pushing more aspects of your message use onto the Data Usage side of your contract. After all you probably have unlimited SMS? Even including an Emoticon / Emoji any ;-) thing that can be translated into one makes your message a MMS instead of SMS service usage. Another way to nickel and dime their way into the next $billion.

Amanda Fox76

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Verizon removed the Spam filter so you would have to buy their service! They also will not allow you to block a user on your account! Att alows both! I hate Verizon! I own a business and have 2 verizon accounts and 1 Att account so I deal with both all the time. Att is a lot friendlier and both are comparable coverage wise, Att even a little better.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital