S-View flip cover randomly stops doing the auto wake on/off

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the wireless S-View Cover and it randomly stops doing the auto wake on/off screen when opening and shutting the flip cover.

A quick reboot gets it working again though, so it's not the cover, but probably an OS issue or something

Anyone else have this problem?

-Sent from Tapatalk

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the wireless S-View Cover and it randomly stops doing the auto wake on/off screen when opening and shutting the flip cover.

A quick reboot gets it working again though, so it's not the cover, but probably an OS issue or something

Anyone else have this problem?

-Sent from Tapatalk

Is it a genuine Samsung one and do you use a 3rd party launcher that may cause a problem ?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
No. It won't work at all till I restart the phone.

I am suspecting the first Gen samsung wireless charging pad since it always happens after placing it on the pad.

-Sent from Tapatalk

Shaif

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and it was solved by checking if the case was properly attached to the back. One of the "clips" wasn't press good enough and there was not clicked well

Posted via Android Central App

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Nah, mine is connected perfectly. It works and then randomly stops working. Must be some weird software glitch

-Sent from Tapatalk

metallicats

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Nah, mine is connected perfectly. It works and then randomly stops working. Must be some weird software glitch

I have the same problem. It will work perfectly most of the time but randomly I'll open the cover and be greeted by a black screen or the s-view window will still be displayed even though the case is open. I bought mine directly from Samsung.

metallicats

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I ended up exchanging mine and haven't run into this issue since

-Sent from Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure mine is software related. Today I removed the cover and made sure it was firmly in place upon re-installation. I then did a factory reset and slowly reinstalled apps and changed settings while monitoring the sview operation. The problem came back after I added the pedometer and weather to the sview display. I removed them and the problem has not returned in the last 4 hours.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure mine is software related. Today I removed the cover and made sure it was firmly in place upon re-installation. I then did a factory reset and slowly reinstalled apps and changed settings while monitoring the sview operation. The problem came back after I added the pedometer and weather to the sview display. I removed them and the problem has not returned in the last 4 hours.

I thought it was a software issue too since a reboot fixed it. But after exchanging it for another one, I haven't seen the issue return at all

-Sent from Tapatalk

Daemonswolf

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the Sview application cache?

Settings>Application>Application Manager> Swipe to All> Open com.sec.android.sviewcover > Clear Cache

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the Sview application cache?

Settings>Application>Application Manager> Swipe to All> Open com.sec.android.sviewcover > Clear Cache

not with the first cover....

haven't had an issue with the replacement...but ill try that if it happens again

Daemonswolf

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Lemme know if it works if you have to try it, please! :) I was having the same trouble as you and I was beyond my return/exchange date with Verizon. Clearing the cache has worked so far for me. It was at a ridiculously high level for a passive app. I want to be sure I've actually fixed the problem and I'm not just crazy.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Lemme know if it works if you have to try it, please! :) I was having the same trouble as you and I was beyond my return/exchange date with Verizon. Clearing the cache has worked so far for me. It was at a ridiculously high level for a passive app. I want to be sure I've actually fixed the problem and I'm not just crazy.

Yep. I'll try it if it happens again with new cover

-Sent from Tapatalk

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
the s view on my note 3 tends to auto on,like that small screen automatic shows but there isnt notifications or anything

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams