Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Background colors?

The Verizon messages app has a red color background. The Samsung messages app and the Contacts app has a light blue background color. I think the Verizon background looks better. Is there a way to change the blue background to a different color?

Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Background colors?

I'm using the stock message app. Go to settings than display.

Quote Originally Posted by kelpike View Post
    The Verizon messages app has a red color background. The Samsung messages app and the Contacts app has a light blue background color. I think the Verizon background looks better. Is there a way to change the blue background to a different color?
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kelpike View Post
    No other than rooting I expect you can change the stock apps background then

Yea I'm not liking S5 stock colors way to bright...

Posted via Android Central App

Like Greg C said, launch the Messaging app to where you are seeing all of your conversations, not inside one specific conversation. Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner-settings-display-background style. There is also a thumbnail (should be the first one) that you can select to use one of your own pictures as the background. Then be sure to save your selection, once you do that it will take you back one window where you can click on Bubble Style and there are a few options with different colors. I wish it would allow you to pick your own colors for your messages bubbles and others but I haven't stumbled across that option except for getting another messaging app from the play store.

Yea a saw that but that's not good enough a don't know what Samsung was thinking about when they put there colors together.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Stock messaging app with my own background . Go into the settings you can change it .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Background colors?-screenshot_2014-05-12-20-37-16.jpg