Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Custom vibration pattern per contact

Does anyone know how to enable custom vibration patterns for individual contacts? Or even just set a default vibration pattern? I have to keep my ringer off at work and when I get a message there are just 2 short vibrations, easy to miss. I canít figure it out. I can make them change in settings but they donít do anything. Just 2 short is all I can get. Itís a Galaxy S5 on T-Mobile.

Thanks

Default Re: Custom vibration pattern per contact

I use handcent sms. You can create custom vibration, sound, and notification icon for each contact.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goggy59 View Post
    Does anyone know how to enable custom vibration patterns for individual contacts? Or even just set a default vibration pattern? I have to keep my ringer off at work and when I get a message there are just 2 short vibrations, easy to miss. I canít figure it out. I can make them change in settings but they donít do anything. Just 2 short is all I can get. Itís a Galaxy S5 on T-Mobile.

Thanks
    Go to contacts open the contact then select edit then add another field (scroll down to bottom) and select vibration pattern then customize it or use a stock pattern
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Tried that. Still only 2 short vibrations no matter what that is set at. I believe that is for phone calls and not sms

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goggy59 View Post
    Tried that. Still only 2 short vibrations no matter what that is set at. I believe that is for phone calls and not sms
    Confirmed, I guess its due to sms tones are normally shorter than custom vibration