Download Booster SG5

Graskar

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys

Just recently bought a SG5 and it looks promising.

I been trying Download Booster, but I can't get it to work with Speedtest, and when I connect it to my main computer. However if I for example download an Nvidia Driver on the phone it works, but not on the computer. (Playstore works to) But Mega and Utorrent doesn't seem to work at all.
The Nvidia driver is ofc a test thingy!

My question is; "if I enable internet sharing over USB to my computer, can I enable Download booster so it will work somehow?"

Thanks guys!

cachun402

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Only works when you're downloading a file that's 30mb or higher but only carrier that's the gs5 had the download booster is t mobile. Sprint AT &T and Verizon has disabled the feature.

Posted via Android Central App

Graskar

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Yea I know. But please stop all that. I live in Denmark, so carriers here haven't blocked anything. So regardles of this is blocked or not. Can I use this DL booster. My question is still this:
"if I enable internet sharing over USB to my computer, can I enable Download booster so it will work somehow?"

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Yea I know. But please stop all that. I live in Denmark, so carriers here haven't blocked anything. So regardles of this is blocked or not. Can I use this DL booster. My question is still this:
"if I enable internet sharing over USB to my computer, can I enable Download booster so it will work somehow?"

Well, obviously no one knew you were in Denmark but are you sure the carriers in DENMARK haven't blocked anything? How exactly do you know?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
if you had the download booster you would see it in your menu when you slide down the notification bar.. my t mobile s5 shows the download booster option but I never use it

Posted via Android Central App

Jens Hjorth

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey - Gr?skar.
I also live in Denmark, i was also wondering about the same, if Downloadbooster would give your PC a faster internet connection via the USB. I ran some tests with my laptop and Galaxy S5. With WIFI on my laptop, it got 19,61 Mbit download and 2,87 upload. Then i ran the same test with WIFI hotspot (4G, TDC) somehow i got some low results = 17,16 Down, and 10,74 Up. Then i plugged in the phone via USB to the Laptop and enabled Download booster with WIFI and 4G on and only got = 15,53 down and 2,84 up. So in my conclusion the Download booster don't work unless your are downloading stuff on your phone, it does not recognize a device plugged into USB for shared internet. I hope they fix this.

Graskar

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes exactly. Again, seriously. It is not blocked. It works on the phone. Thing is.. I want DL booster to work on my computer, when I share internet over usb from my phone. But I am not sure you can do this, since Windows maybe can't control data from 2 incoming connections. So obviously. I need a program, or an app. Or a function to make it work, if windows can't do it. Which seems to be the case... To bad thought..

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if u can use it to work with your computer... Try tethering downloading something on ur PC but u doubt it would work... Only for the phone I'm assuming...If u root your phone though then u can possibly get it to work with the computer

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Amirtut

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Try using the USB 3.0 port and a Cable, then report back. USB 2.0 cannot handle those kinds of speeds. USB 2.0 is like 11MB max theoretical speed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon