Car mode app but no way to launch

mdkeene

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I?m new to the forums, but I looked around quite a bit and didn?t find the answer to this question.

I recently got an S5, running KitKat 4.4.2. I spend a lot of time on the road and in meetings, so two of the things I really liked the idea of were the business card recognition and car mode. Unfortunately, I can?t find out how to activate car mode.

The app is on there, Car Mode version 0.5.64.8522. It?s even running, and has been for nearly an hour now. But the phone isn?t doing anything different. Somehow I thought that being in car mode would show the four large shortcuts and automatically go into listening mode. S voice seems to work, but I can?t enable hands-free mode, driving mode, nor car mode with it. It says "this feature is not supported on this device".

There is no car mode in the notification panel icons, even when I swipe it with two fingers to see all available icons, it?s not there. There is no widget, no app, nothing.

So what?s the deal? I have the Car Mode app, but I can?t activate it or do anything with it?

Please let me know if anybody else has had this issue and if it?s something that can be solved. Or do I just delete the car mode app and deal with it?

Thanks!

mdkeene

May 9, 2014
Visit site
sjaduae,

I checked that topic out before posting, and found that it doesn?t really help me. I?m in Spain, and my provider is Movistar. My girlfriend has an S4 and it comes with the "hands free mode". The car mode app is there and running, so it?s not that Movistar deleted or disabled, I don?t think so at least. Unless I misread the posts on the topic you sent me, the conclusion they came to is that ATT disabled car mode and the person couldn?t find it anywhere. I can find it, just can?t launch it...

Maybe I missed something...if so, let me know!

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Firstly it will only work (hands free) if you have a BT paired device
Secondly you said you do not have the notification icon on the second line which is strange. When you tap this icon the four large shortcuts appear
Where are you seeing the app or know its running, from the app info page ?

mdkeene

May 9, 2014
Visit site
sjaduae,

I know. My girlfriend?s S4 has it right there on the notification line, as does my galaxy tab, running 4.2. But on my S5 it?s nowhere to be found.

I know it?s there and running from the app manager page.

Nobody else has run into this issue? It?s frustrating...

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
sjaduae,

I know. My girlfriend?s S4 has it right there on the notification line, as does my galaxy tab, running 4.2. But on my S5 it?s nowhere to be found.

I know it?s there and running from the app manager page.

Nobody else has run into this issue? It?s frustrating...

I would ask on the Movistar forum if it's been disabled as you should have the icon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze