Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car mode app but no way to launch

Hi

Iīm new to the forums, but I looked around quite a bit and didnīt find the answer to this question.

I recently got an S5, running KitKat 4.4.2. I spend a lot of time on the road and in meetings, so two of the things I really liked the idea of were the business card recognition and car mode. Unfortunately, I canīt find out how to activate car mode.

The app is on there, Car Mode version 0.5.64.8522. Itīs even running, and has been for nearly an hour now. But the phone isnīt doing anything different. Somehow I thought that being in car mode would show the four large shortcuts and automatically go into listening mode. S voice seems to work, but I canīt enable hands-free mode, driving mode, nor car mode with it. It says "this feature is not supported on this device".

There is no car mode in the notification panel icons, even when I swipe it with two fingers to see all available icons, itīs not there. There is no widget, no app, nothing.

So whatīs the deal? I have the Car Mode app, but I canīt activate it or do anything with it?

Please let me know if anybody else has had this issue and if itīs something that can be solved. Or do I just delete the car mode app and deal with it?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Default Re: Car mode app but no way to launch

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

sjaduae,

I checked that topic out before posting, and found that it doesnīt really help me. Iīm in Spain, and my provider is Movistar. My girlfriend has an S4 and it comes with the "hands free mode". The car mode app is there and running, so itīs not that Movistar deleted or disabled, I donīt think so at least. Unless I misread the posts on the topic you sent me, the conclusion they came to is that ATT disabled car mode and the person couldnīt find it anywhere. I can find it, just canīt launch it...

Maybe I missed something...if so, let me know!

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Firstly it will only work (hands free) if you have a BT paired device
    Secondly you said you do not have the notification icon on the second line which is strange. When you tap this icon the four large shortcuts appear
    Where are you seeing the app or know its running, from the app info page ?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

sjaduae,

I know. My girlfriendīs S4 has it right there on the notification line, as does my galaxy tab, running 4.2. But on my S5 itīs nowhere to be found.

I know itīs there and running from the app manager page.

Nobody else has run into this issue? Itīs frustrating...

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mdkeene View Post
    sjaduae,

I know. My girlfriendīs S4 has it right there on the notification line, as does my galaxy tab, running 4.2. But on my S5 itīs nowhere to be found.

I know itīs there and running from the app manager page.

Nobody else has run into this issue? Itīs frustrating...
    I would ask on the Movistar forum if it's been disabled as you should have the icon