Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Apps to SD

Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding the transferring of apps to SD. If I download say plants vs zombies and the game is 300MB and I want to transfer that to the SD card. I got to the apps manager and move to SD. However, what's I've noticed is that this really doesn't move the whole app to the SD. For example. You can see that the app is actually 300 MB and only 20 something MB are actually stored on the SD. What's going on here?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apps to SD-1399643629160.jpg  

Global Posts
    17,319 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Apps to SD

It really depends on the developer. If they do not support moving any data to the SD card, then none will go. In the case of your screenshot, that is probably the only amount allotted to be moved.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I have found most of the games and quite a few apps will allow me to move most of the actual app to the SD card, Google, Samsung, AT&T apps of course WILL NOT let you and I also removed PvZ 2 since it won't either and I am not wasting space on my device. Every Angry Birds will, Candy Crush, Pet Rescue, and many others. Haven't tried Modern Combat since I doubt it will, I do wonder if Dead Trigger 2 has been updated to support it?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I have found most of the games and quite a few apps will allow me to move most of the actual app to the SD card, Google, Samsung, AT&T apps of course WILL NOT let you and I also removed PvZ 2 since it won't either and I am not wasting space on my device. Every Angry Birds will, Candy Crush, Pet Rescue, and many others. Haven't tried Modern Combat since I doubt it will, I do wonder if Dead Trigger 2 has been updated to support it?
    Do you think that this is something that dev's are trying to continue with? The ability to move all app info to the SD card? Maybe not, paid apps would definitely not make sense seeing that you would just be able to move your SD to some one else's phone

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app